Truman dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Sep 14, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey guys I'm going to truman this weekend. never been there before. Is there any good places to bank fish by the dam. Im taking my mom with me, but she cant move around on the rocks. so if you guys know of any nice level ground we can fish from it will be very helpful

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Willie, there is a handicap dock on the east side below the dam. It extends out over the water and has a easy access to it.
    On the west side the ground is fairly level in spots and thats where I usally go. You can put up a lawn chair to sit and its just a short walk to get to.
    Good luck out there.

3. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    The wife and ! will be on truman saturday, I cant decide between kk island or winsdor crossing.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Why not split the difference and try the area around G13? Nice place to drift and there should be some good places to anchor, though I've never spent much time looking for them specifically. You can drift all along the flat that runs southeast of G13. There are also a couple of nice humps to the west of G13, though it starts to get pretty snaggy if you go very far.

The Tightwad Access ramp is at the end of the dirt road that goes south out of Tightwad at the intersection of 7 hwy and P hwy. (Be advised that you're gonna need to lock in the hubs if you want to pull that monster boat of yours up the hills on the way back from the ramp...)

You can also get access to G13 by continuing east on 7 hwy to Z hwy, then west on Z hwy about 5 miles to SE 1231 Rd (Finey Access, I think they call it). Follow it north to the ramp that is right on the point at G13. Pretty easy to get in and out, much better road than Tightwad Access.

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I appreciate the info !

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Willie Troy said it the west side up towards the dam would be a nice spot to set up nice flat area's to choose from. The handicapdock is another good choice real short walk and bathroom right there also. The old channel side is good also 3 docks to choose from if you go on this side some minnows and a bobber with a slip knot is a good thing to use for crappie while you wait on the catfish bites. Good luck and and have a safe trip down to our neck of the woods. Oh and you can find shade most times off the dock by the boat ramp or any of the other docks are not bad if you do not see any schools of shad try casting from the docks back a cast at a time I have been finding pretty good size ones this way when the schools are few and far between you will also more then likely get a few pech towards the shore.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim and I are going in the morning. May have to build a fire in the boat, not use to this cold stuff yet.
    Good luck out there this week end everyone....

8. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    We had a great day on the water, started out going to windsor crossing to get bait and put some lines out and within minutes 3 out of five lines went at the same time and before we could get them in the other two went, We were right in the middle of cat central, I had to put two away and only keep three rods in the water, We ran out of bait after about 6 hours of constant action. then went to find a few crappie and within a couple hours we had caught 42 and decided to go home.
    I took a couple pics of my wife when there was a brief pause.

Attached Files:

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like you had a great day Kirk. Did you drift or anchor? Jim and I fished below the dam yesterday, fishing was slow there. Did some scouting around to find some new areas.

10. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    We was anchored in one spot the whole time, The idea was to go to windsor crossing and get bait and then load up and put back in south of 7 and drift around g13 but while I was throwing the net my wife decided to put a line out and instantly was in the fish so we decided to anchor up and stayed put.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I drive by Windsor Crossing just about every time I go to the lake (dad lives in Windsor) but we almost never fish there. Guess I'll have to give it a try, especially once the water cools down and the fish start to congregate in the old channel...