Truman Dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CATMAN1979, Jul 9, 2007.

1. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    IM THINKING ABOUT GOING UP THERE THURSDAY TO FISH. ILL BE FISHING OFF BANK DUE TO BOAT IN SHOP. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS BEEN CATCHING MUCH FAR AS CATFISH AND HYBRIDS OFF OF BANK IN NO BOATING ZONE DUE SO TO MUCH WATER . ANY REPORTS WOULD APPRECIATED THANK YOU GOOD FISHING TO ALL :smile2:

2. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Yes the fish are biteing up here Chris a few people are catching hybreds and cats I caught one 42 inchs last night.
    I thonk if you get down here before dark and locate some breaks in the current or eddies it will improve your chances.

3. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    thanks jeff for the info what side do you recommend

4. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I fish over on the east side most times about midway between the dam and the buoy's current seems to be an eddie there water is going back towards the dam takes less weight to hold. What I did the other night that worked good was a 2 oz Bank sinker then a sinker off a cast net I let the cast net sinker slide on the line above the 2oz when it would hang up I would let the line loose seemed to pull its self free.

5. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
  6. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    JUST WONDERING HOW HARD THE SHAD HAS BEEN TO GET BELOW DAM SINCE THEY OPENED UP. AND IF ANYBODY HAS BEEN GETTING THEM WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN GETTING THEM IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The old river channel is full of little shad especially at night. You will have to look for the bigger ones but they are there also. Try where the old channel meets the new one along the bank on the east side.
    I havent even been useing shad as carp and bluegill have been what the big fish are biting on. But thats what I'm fishing for, if you want the smaller fish shad are good and you might pick up a good one while your at it.
    Good luck out there....

8. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    THANKS SPOONFISH IM COMING UP TOMMORROW AND FISH MY BOAT IS IN SHOP BUT WERE TAKING MY BUDDIES. WE ARE GOING TO TRY BELOW DAM AND DRIFT IF THERES NOT TO MUCH CURRENT. OR MAYBE EVEN ANCHOR .

9. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    ME AND AND A BUDDY FISHED BELOW DAM YESTERDAY,CAUGHT ALOT OF LITTLE FISH I TRIED EVERY THING FROM SHAD TO DRUM TO ENTICE THE BIGGUNS WITH NO SUCCESS. THE SHAD WAS VRY EASY TO COME BY ONCE WE FOUND THEM EVERY FISH CAUGHT WAS ON SHAD.