Truman dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Levi, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    just curious if anybody is doing any good below the dam?? Thinking bout going down friday if its not to cold thanks

levi

2. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Levi, (Looks like your from my neck of the woods.) Spoonfish,Catfishscotty and some of the others are pretty good about keeping us updated on current fishing reports from Warsaw. Hopefully we will hear something from them this week. I see you are giving away a spinning reel and some line in the Star giveaway. I didn't sign up because I'm sure there is someone out there that needs it worse then me, Just thought I would commend you for you Generosity.
    Welcome Aboard,
    Rob

3. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    my wife got me a couple reels for christmas so it was just laying around not being used hope it helps somebody out it caught me alot of channel cats this summer on the grand. thanks for the welcome rob!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC ,Levi .Can't help you on Truman, but I can invite you to the 5th Annual Mo. Gathering in May.It's held at Truman State Park Check Out BOC Members Gatherings and (Missouri Gathering.) You don't want to miss this one. Sorry for the rambling on Anyway WELCOME

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Levi. Got a farm in Cowgill. Have my butchering done in Chillicothe.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey save couple bigguns come may I want one (LOL) I have a fish off to win:wink:....Welcome aboard and thanks fer that awsome prize someones gonna win thats cool!

7. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    :smile2: trust me bud the big ones dont like me i cant catch them they will be there for ya my friend

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now we just need to get ya to come to the gatherin...hell I like you ..ya gonna leave me some fish:wink::smile2::smile2: There gonna be making sinkers -fishin ...some great prizes gonna be given way....Ya aint never been to one youll get hooked... we gonna be eatin swell too that right there is werth walkin to Truman if ya gotta:smile2:- gonna be a good one ..real good one...hope to meet ya there:cool2:

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Levi. I havent been up to the dam in a few days, pretty bad I guess seems I live within 4 miles or so of it .... May try later this week as the weather looks better. They have been running some water though I believe and that allways helps the fishing. Scotty posted a couple days ago a report from his dad that also lives here.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1316803&postcount=909
    Hope that helps, good luck to you. Might see you there....

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Levi. Like ya been told already, come check out the gathering. It's gonna be a hoot.

11. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    went today got on the water around 10 am and still had the current flowing strong they ran water from 5 am to noon or so never caught a fish until the flow of water was calming down and did the best after they shut the water off in the afternoon .

steve came down and dad got in steves boat in the nice heatted cabin and they left me all bymyself in my boat to freeze the afternoon away:smile2::smile2:

dad said steves boat was nice and toasty . they caught a 15 lber a 25 lber and around 5 smaller ones from 2 - 4:30 pm

i caught around 10 fish from 2 lbs to 12lbs or so we fished within a mile or so from each other this afternoon .

water temp was around 35.5 degrees

taking my nephew tomorrow ill will let ya know how we do .

12. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Scotty what were you using for bait?

13. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    thanks everyone!! if it isnt to cold i may try it im really wanting to try my new reel out thanks again

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    we use shad for bait heads ,chunks,fillets

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well my nephew wants to go shoot some crows or what ever else we see to shoot at at the farm my dad sold and his nieghbors places .

its windy as the dickens to fish .

16. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I'll be heading down there. My dad moved to Warsaw last summer from here. I'll be looking for someone to show me where to go to do some bank fishing when I'm there.

17. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I am looking for someone to show me around the dam also.

18. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well i fished with dad wensday and we caught around 8 fish from 2-10 lbs from 10 :30 to 4:30 pm

steve came down and josh fished with him josh got 35 lber and they had around 10 more from 2 - 10 lbs

me and josh went thursday and caught around 18 or so fish with several 5 to 12 lbers and a 25 lb or so come unhooked behind the boat
    it was a wonderfull day no wind and warm .

dad came in the afternoon we picked him up and him and josh told dirty jokes lol :smile2::smile2: then we went to leave and dad forgot to untie from the dock :crazy::crazy: ooops
    then when dad was switching from my boat to to get into steves boat he allmost went swimming lol :smile2::smile2:

never a dull moment i swear , fishin with loyle and hardy lol

19. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Thanks Scotty and Steve had a great time. Good times with good friends. It was a nice stress reliever. Steve's got pics of the big fish. Not sure of the weight because Steve didn't have a scale on his boat. It sure was nice in Steve's procat fishing in a t-shirt while Scotty and his dad were all wrapped up in coats. The next day though we were in t-shirts in Scottys boat too. It sure was a nice day to be out on the water. I am looking forward to doing it again. I cant wait.

Steve sorry about the grippers. I owe ya a pair. LOL

20. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like fun. Glad you guys had a good time.