Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like later in the week into the weekend should be rockin at Truman dam. The lake is rising 2+ feet a day and I would imagine they will open up the gates in the next few days. Projected to be over 10 feet high by Sunday. Looks like Bagnell is letting out some too.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
For years I have heard that the fishing is great at outflow, but never seen it. Other places, the current is so fast that getting snagged is the main action. Does Truman get muddy when running water? Does it take a couple of days for fish to move up? Hannibal Mike

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
For years I have heard that the fishing is great at outflow, but never seen it. Other places, the current is so fast that getting snagged is the main action. Does Truman get muddy when running water? Does it take a couple of days for fish to move up? Hannibal Mike

its snag city fishing from the bank unless you use 20- 30 lb test on a atleast 10 ft but 12 to 15 ft rods are best for great distances in your cast to try and stay out of the rocks

yes the fishing is awsome when the dam is running but the longer it runs the better and if they open the flood gates up along with the generators the fishing is great .

bring lots of hooks and sinkers around 4 to 6 ounces and line your gonna lose some !!!!

fishing durring the weekends is very buisy lots of people bank fish it some times its hard to find a spot .

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I wish that I could understand the logic of flow control better. Up here all the rivers and creeks are dangerous high and 2 people have drowned from cars being swept over the edge. Perhaps in this dry spell predicted the MO will drop and flow will begin. It would be fun to anchor at the stop bouy line and use 3ways with light droppers lines. I have molds and can make sinkers, but have no big cats on my resume (40+). Send me a PM if you hear anything. Have rod, will travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.