Truman Dam just about done...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Looks like the fishing below Truman Dam is going to be getting back to "normal" soon - the lake is down to about 3 ft above normal pool and the discharge rate is going down to 8000 cfs. So I'd expect the days of trophy catfish on nearly every trip to be winding to a close soon.

Probably time to start thinking about drifting up on the lake. I don't know if any appreciable thermocline has started to form yet, but if it does, that's the depth you should be drifting...

2. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    As usual you hit that on the head. Have you been on the lake yet?

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Nope, haven't made it to the lake yet. Haven't heard about anyone else fishing up there either. May give it a shot in a week or two if it cools down a little bit...

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Talked to Steve last night. He's been drifting up on the lake now. Havent seen it yet but he said the logs stuck at the dam moved out towards stereet creek since they shut the water down.

5. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Friday we ended up with a 23, 20, 16 and a bunch of small fish but you can tell that the fish had been up at the dam, they were beat to death.
    The bad part is I kind of got used to catching 20 to 30 pound fish every trip below the dam.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I dunno if getting used to catching 20 and 30 pounders can be called a bad thing...:wink: You guys just have to work a little harder, that's all:smile2:

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Dinks I'm tellin ya, better off fishin the lake....:tounge_out:

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    If it gets too slow on the big lake give me a shout Troy and we'll hit the river. We might even be able to talk ol' Robert into coming out. Always plenty of room in the Big Brown Barge...:big_smile:

9. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    You are right Troy the logs are floating back aaway from the dam might be kind of a challenge to get over to the osage arm from sterret creek. So if any of you put in over that way be carefull if heading that way i would say no more then idle if at all and for sure do not do a Bass boat just gotta get to that spot to fish for 30 seconds run.

10. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Went out last night and fished for awhile they only had one gate cracked open. catch of the night was 2 drum about 5 lbs each. water dropped a lot retreved a cast net only one little hole in it and probably 30 dollars worth of lures in 2 other nets that where totally ruined so not to bad a night figure I ended up with around $50.00 worht of fishing gear better then the clearance section of wal-mart lol :cool2:

11. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    psst keep that a secret all I need is all those city boys coming back down to retreve there tackl guess I should put a salvage claim on the dam area. LOL