TRUMAN DAM 2009

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Mar 18, 2009.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well getting that time of year , dont know where the truman dam fever went ,So i started this thread for people who fish from truman dam to 65 bridge .

2. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm Getting the fever as we speak!!!!!
    :wink:

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I got the fever last summer when my dad sold his house and moved to Warsaw. I've visited about 5 times so far and fished on 4 of those trips. My dad used to love fishing and I'm hoping when I go down there that he'll get the fever too and catch some nice fish before he kicks the bucket. He has no idea what a fishing paradise he lives in now.

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm heading down this Friday and coming back Monday night, not sure where all I will fish but likely will be EVERYWHERE now that I have a boat that will get up and go. Will post results when I get back. Chris

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I think if i get my transducer in the mail ,me and jms will be down there sunday ,Ill look for you.

6. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I wont know your boat so if you see me come up and say hi! My boat is white, gold/black Crestliner logo, and of course will have my dog. Probably be somewhere upstream of the Oar House. Chris

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I here they are running water offand on ,anyone been down there today?

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    im sure a good amount of water will be flowing this weekend from all the beer guzzeling hillbillies peeing out of the boats snagging as marty would say :smile2::smile2:

the flow has been non stop of late usually 2 to 4 units going in the am from 6 to 10 then 1 unit threw mid day and then back to 2 to 4 units in the evening around 3 to 9 pm then 1 unit until 5 am again .

1 unit dosnt hold the boat still throwing the anchor out if the wind is blowing tho .

good luck guys and gals :wink:

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thanks scott if your out today look for us.:wink:

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Psssst, hey Robert. Don't forget the camera, good luck ya'll.

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well had the camera ,but didnt need it ,it was fun being out on the water talking with jon ,only managed 3 fish ,biggest 3lbs ,seen medford there ,nice boat he has there , saw chris go up then down the river in his creatline ,but didnt talk to him.

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Oh no water running,no water running ,hope to get that transducer this week so i can hunt them cats down

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Should of hooked up with Scotty. Rumor has it he don't need a locator. He can smell em!! LOL

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well ty a guides gotta find em

when they pay i want them to be able to fillet :wink::wink:

yes the cats are still on fire talked to a guy i took a week ago and yesterday he caught a 33 ,, 27 lber and many others in 2 to 9 foot of water ..

good luck guys and gals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    another buddy of mine herb took his son and caught the heck out of them saturday from over 30 lbs to 3 lbs with several several in the 8 to 20 lb range ,, they had a great day together fishin ,, i think that is awsome for a father and son to have that much fun fishin together :wink: herb is a great guy to be around and really knows how to fish ,, i have enjoyed fishin with him !!!!!

sure has been alot of fish caught durring snagging season !!!!!:smile2::smile2:

i think the beer guzzeling hillbillies snagging made the fish hungry :wink:

lmao i want to say more but im laughing too hard :smile2::smile2:

I havnt heard a report from lake jacomo yet :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Wheres lake Jacomo? LOL Nothing but dinks so far. Need to head your way Scotty. Looks like the weather in the next week may throw a kink into things. Down to freezing again next weekend.

17. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I had a killer weekend, sorry I didnt stop and talk to ya Robert. Was that you up by the dam fishing on the right side near the bank? I waived at someone over there but was movin pretty good so couldn't tell. I caught 14 on Saturday, biggest was 27 pounds, all after it got dark. The daytime bite has been slow, for me anyway. Went out yesterday but the wind was out of control. Will be back down this weekend, good luck everyone! Chris

18. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Jon, glad you like the boat. It's all the boat I need thats for sure. I fished a little up by the dam but didn't have any luck, all the fish I caught were in 3 feet of water or less, not sure how long they will stay on that pattern but its fun to catch them up shallow. Probably gonna try some white bass and crappie fishing Saturday night with lights in the old channel. Chris

19. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Chris I will be down next week not sure how long I will be there. Last time I was 21 days.

20. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well dont be suprized if they are letting out water next weekend. the mdc is 5 feet above flood above melvern so id immagine they are gonna let out witch will probally make truman let out.