truman dam 11/24

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Oct 24, 2009.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    well couldnt sleep so i am heading down below truman dam to hit it . maybe i will have something to report when i get back ,if anyone is out come by and vist ,i will be on the powerhouse side ,all the way down where it bend .:wink:

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    You can't hit the dam if you sittin clear down there.:smile2:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Robert, it's October not November. 10/24 :eek:oooh:

4. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was there last night as well and caught another 25 and several small ones. All on shad......tried carp with no luck so had was the ticket. Headed back down tonight and will let you know how that went tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Wish I could have joined you. This weekend has been a bust for me:sad2: Didn't go hunting or fishing:embarassed:

6. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Went fishing for about 3 hours and caught a few small ones all on shad, nothing over 5 lbs.

7. MadKatter

MadKatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Me and a buddy fished from the bank below the dam early Sunday morning we caught eight these two were caught within minutes of each other. One went 27lbs and the other was just over 25lbs. We netted the first fish and while trying to remove the hook the bait click started screaming on the other pole. Funny thing about that morning is that 3 different people told us that our set up wasn't going to work. 1st guy said our bait was too big, 2nd guy said that a slip sinker rig with a break-away drop line on the sinker wouldn't work below the dam, and the 3rd guy said we were using the wrong color bobber? And that we should use a 3-way swivel all while I was telling my buddy to get the net! :crazy: I wonder what they would have said if they knew we had 6 other fish on stringers in the water:smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  8. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was across the river from you guys. I heard you telling your buddy to get the net then I heard the bait clicker start screaming. I almost packed up and came across because it was a little slow on my side. Good fish by the way.

9. MadKatter

MadKatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks, yeah it was crazy, you should have came over. Just 30 minutes earlier we left that side to fish the power house side cause the bite slowed down. After battling the current we packed up and went back to that side. There was a kid with a 14ft surf rod that was throwing more that half way across the river and was bringing in a fish every cast but they were small and that's why we moved but I'm glad we came back. I haven't had catfish in the freezer since may when I blew a cylinder on my boat:angry:. I guess I'll be fishing the bank a little more often:big_smile:

10. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was fishing the power house side near the fence and you guys were up near the fence on the other side if I remember correctly. I may give that a try.....I have never fished over there.

11. MadKatter

MadKatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That was only my second time fishing there I usually fish the handicap dock or when I'm flathead fishing I fish on the power house side past the buoys.

12. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have good luck at the pump house on the powerhouse side. But what do we know our name aint CATFISHSCOTTY lol:smile2:

13. MadKatter

MadKatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That ain't no bull$#!+, I've seen his posts he is the man.

14. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So what set up were you using that wasn't working so well.

15. MadKatter

MadKatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just a basic drift-fishing rig with a bobber above the hook. Maybe the fact that I was using this rig from the bank threw them off a little:roll_eyes:

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Oh yeah, you were definitely doing it wrong, lol. They just forgot to tell the fish. :smile2:

17. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I wish I was there Robert.

18. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    are you all talking about warsaw?
    i'm confused!!!:confused2:
    lee and bitty