Truman Crappie

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by opposum, Apr 17, 2009.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    What is the latest on crappie? Has anyone been catching them on the bank yet? If so...what arm of the lake?

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    CAUGHT a bunch of nice crappie at the state boat ramp on the banks few over 14 inches ,, the best color was lead and mono with a 20 foot ski rope trailer attatched .

also known as a big throw net :wink:

getter done good buddy :smile2::smile2::roll_eyes:

:roll_eyes:

3. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    on a serious note lmao dads friends caught some good ones way way back in teabo creek 2 days then it was over they said .

weve talked to several people and its not very good yet on the banks but it will happen soon if the water temps ever get right

the water temp must stay above 60 degrees at night for the eggs to hatch out . its getting close way back in the creeks in shallow water .

i bet the males will move in and start stagging in around the banks towards mid to late of next week .

from what i see on the graph they are around in water 12 to 8 foot deep waiting to come in on truman .

using a slip cork set around that deep ya will pick up a few
    also throwing beetle spins 1/4 ounce or a jig with a spinner casting parallel down the bank in deeper water and try to run the jigs in that 8 to 12 foot deep range .

I know of 2 crappie tournaments going on this week end so we should here some results of what worked the best .

good luck guys and gals !!!!

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Scotty for the info. I'll give crappie a try this week when I'm not chasing turkeys.

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm gonna give the crappie a try also, picking up a trolling motor on Monday and will be ready to roll. If I get into them I'll let ya know, also lots of turkeys strutting out in the fields in the late afternoon, should be a good season. Chris

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    way to go on the huge slabbs earl :wink::wink: !!!!
    now hurry up and get ya some more before the lake raises

ill peel some tatters and bring tomatters yummy yummy :wink:

7. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    3 of us caught our limit in the wind sunday,its rainin now it might shutem off.

8. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    It didn't shut them down yet. I just got done cleaning a limit of nice crappie. Only 1 female out of 15. Males were right on the bank. I'm going again tomorrow when I get done hunting turkeys. Most of my fish were in the 11 inch range. Crappie for supper tomorrow night. :wink:

9. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Me and a buddy caught our limit again on the upper osage.They were on the banks to 12 feet off.Had to work for em but wasnt too hard.There is no water comin out of truman dam today and a hell uv alot comin in on the osage.We could tell the water was rising in just a couple of hours.We could also see the current on the main lake and a bunch of trash was here already.Talked to a guy in tabervile and it the trash iis still a comin.Time to switch to the catfish!!!!!!!!!!! ,thats fine with me!

10. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    We hit Pomme yesterday and they DID shut down:confused2: only caught a couple on the banks and no one else had any luck either while we were there

spring can be such a pain in the @#$#@, those fish are in and out cuz of the weather it just wears ya out and makes ya just go catting:smile2: