Truman crappie report 12-19-2009

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Took Scotty's dad, Don, out crappie fishing today and absolutely had a blast! Fished a bluff area where he usually does good and came up with nothing, then moved to the standing timber close to the channel edge and fishing was incredible! Caught probably 40-50 total and both caught a 15 fish limit, average 10-14 inch crappie. Was cold but a real good time! I was cracking up so hard, Don looks in the livewell and asks me where all the crappie went? I had left the lid open since we were catching them so fast it was just easier. I turn around and look in the livewell and theres only 6 crappie in there, when there was 20 before. Then I look at the back of the boat, and my dog, Angel, had taken all the crappie out and piled them up on her sleeping bag at the back of the boat. Guess she thought they were safer with her, super funny to say the least. Chris

2. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    that is super funny, got your pic on my phone and i was jelous to say the least. Way to go dude! Im glad she had them on her sleeping bag and didnt turn them loose, ol Don would have had a heart attack!!!!:tounge_out::smile2:

3. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like a fish fry in the future. I'll bring the cornbread and drinks if you bring the crappie. I'm going to have to get those crappie rods ready.

4. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Dave I will let you know next time I'm gonna go crappie fishing! Bite should stay good, water temp was 37 about everywhere we went, and fish fry is going to be my Sunday dinner! Chris

5. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Morris, can you post that livewell pic on here? I still cant get it to go to my e-mail address. Chris

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds great...I would like to get into a mess of crappie. I've got plans Sunday...maybe next time. If you eat all those crappie fillets then you'll need to hit the gym Monday. :smile2:

7. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    If you could just get Angel to clean them. Sounds like you had a good trip.

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got your message Chris, Congrats to you and Don on a cold day of Crappie fishing. As soon as I get done beating up on the Ducks and Geese I am going to be ready to start fishing again!!! Great report!!
    Take care Buddy

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile::big_smile: thanks for taking my dad crappie fishin today chris he had a blast as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!! he really enjoys ya buddy :wink::big_smile:

hmmmmmm youve been out with my dad more then me this fall :crazy::eek:oooh:

lmao great times you 2 have had i think its awsome !!!!!!

he lost his crappie fishin partner this last spring old oz from windsor was a great old guy .. now he has found a younger great crappie partner in you :big_smile::big_smile: !!

thanks again
    scotty

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad you and Don had a great time Chris. Sounds like Angle was trying to keep them fish warm. She knew that water was cold:smile2:.

Tom

11. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Good job Chris!!!!!!!!!!!

12. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Way to go Chris!! I've been trying to get up there to get a limit too but always something getting in the way, GOOD JOB

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Angel needs to learn to get them out of the lake and ya won't even need poles!! LOL Thanks for the story!!

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Awesome Story!!

What are they biting on? What water depth are they at?

15. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    We caught them in 21-24 feet of water about 1-3 feet off of the bottom, light green or light green and blue jigs, color really didnt seem to matter. Chris

16. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks, I am going to give it a try

17. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Don and I are going to hit it again tomorrow, will post how we do. Chris

18. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    i hope you guys can wack'em again, Send me some pic's while im working so i can show them to the guys at work and show'em what we are missing out on!

19. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Looking forward to that, I would love a mess of crappie. MMMMMmmmmm got my taste buds dripping just thinking of it

20. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Between the two of us we ended up with 21 crappie, all in the 10-14 inch range again, bite was a little tougher but not bad. Chris