True turn hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by recordbreakin1, Aug 29, 2008.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Has any one tried those true turn fish hooks?They said o have been proven to hook more fish than any other hook.They come in pretty big sizes so I got some for my trot lines but have not had a chance to use them yet.I was thinking about using some on my rods.

2. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have'nt used them I like the Gamagetsu circles super sharp and rarely miss fish when I use them

3. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Tru turns are very good hooks.

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    true turn in the 3/0 size is the best hook ive ever used. ive even used gamakatsu in the 7/0 size octopus and its even better than the gamakat. a 3/0 is perfect for channel cats and ive even caught a few nice flatheads on them. aint had one fish swaller the hook either.

5. FishinChris

FishinChris New Member

State:
    Texas
    I used the 7/0 tru turn on my trotlines last year on Lavon, we had one hook that was straightened out, and the line was all slimed by a big ol blue.Not a bad hook , but I prefer kahle hooks when rod and reel fishing.

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    true turn will replace a stright hook if it happens ,really the whole batch. i have used them for years. daiichi hooks come from the same place . iam hopeing for my pro staff status with them as we message lol. let me know ill help put you in touch we the right people .

7. Fat Fred's Bro

Fat Fred's Bro New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've used them for sandbass and crappie.It seems that the hook set is not as difficult.

8. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    We replaced the hooks on our jug lines with Tru Turn. One time is all it took, On one line we had a tru turn and a 40# blue, he went in the boat, on another jug had a regular hook, threw it as soon as i was going to land it. It had me satisfied. Also there is a fairly large gap, for a J-Hook, and holds big baits well.