true story?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kat king, Jul 21, 2008.

1. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    hey fellow BOC members i live in kansas and have heard alot of good storys about the ohio rivers i hear u guys have the best flathead fishing in the u.s. is this a true story i plan to take a vacation soon and wondered where to go for some real good flathead fishing and everything is making me lean towards your rivers.:wink:..let me know what yall think..thanks:smile2:

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    :cool2::wink:Hey man that would be a good idea just have good fresh bait and il garentee youl catch fish and enjoy yourself

3. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    o and just a tip people have alot of luck here on cut shad and live gills:cool2::wink:​

4. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    thanks for the input and info i am glad about the gills thing cause they are my favorite to use..i prefere to use cut bait on channels or turttle witch ever get it first..lol..:wink:..

5. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    O and if u use cutbait here u have a good chance a a bluecat or two also

6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    hey i can deal with catchin me a few of them i have never caught one but always wanted to we have them in kansas down by oklahoma and kansas border in the big arkansas river that swim up from kaw river and kaw lake in oklahoma..:smile2::cool2:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The ohio river is a great place to fish.............anywhere along it. There are no guarnatees but you have a great chance of catching a personal best up here

8. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have yet to actually fish the ohio down here in cincinnati, but i kno people who have. and man some of them have seen some trully beastly fish. were talkin record sized flatheads. theyve never seen anyone catch one but my friend knows a guy who would dive under the water to check bridge foundations, and now refuses to go bak cuz supposedly a 6 footer bumped up against him. he says that wasnt even the biggest hes seen there. exagerations? most likely, but i believe the ohio is hiding some monsters

9. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    we have a lake here in ks and i here people say its got flatheads the size of stationwagons in it but have never seen one maybe there is who knows..:smile2:..

10. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yea it does sound far fetched. i doubt that theres that many big ones in the ohio, but if theres a new world record to be caught, the ohio river would be my gues to find it