true or false

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by slikk03, Jul 20, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    you cant use circal hooks with heavy action rods,

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Absolutely FALSE!! I do it damn near every night and I very rarely miss fish. I run circles with my clickers engaged, I use my thumb on the spool to increase the pressure like a rod loading up. Works GREAT!

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea just thoght id see what you all thoght, i use hevy action and get them to hok up,but thats flatheads not blues, i think blues would un so fast theyd just pull the hook out off there mouth, i guess thats why they use mono leaders ,but i never get many chances to get into blue teratory

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

slikk, If I remember correctly, you use glowsticks. They have about the perfect action for circle hooks.... I use alot heavier action than glows.

It does not matter on the type of fish you are targeting, the circal hook still works the same way. If you are worried about it then go with a double action hook. :wink:

5. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    false that it what i fish with all the time and i very rarely miss one

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i tightline, you freespool them, its a differant methed, and yea i love doble action hooks, and i use glowsticks, i just was wondering howmany tightline with stiff heavy rods, personaly, i think glowsticks got the best action of any rod ive felt, but im just doing a thread to see if people use realy heavy rods for,circal hooks, im shure ill get mixed awsers

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    False. You may need to use a reel clicker and add tension manually, possibly with your thumb, but no reason why they wouldn't work. It dep ends a lot on how the fish takes the bait. A hard hammer and go will not make a difference and may hook you up faster. As slow picking could make the fish drop the bait. I'd say that can happen with any rod.
    I'm considering a Tiger rod, like I need another rod, and they are really stiff and not much tip action but should have great backbone sho uld I need to muscle something away from cover or snags.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brother if circle hooks are giving you trouble you are using them wrong. If you use a circle correctly it is really hard to miss one on. Hell I even pull up gar with circle hooks and they are really hard to catch. Let the pole do the work and forget the swing the rod to set the hook early.

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I have a heavy action rod that I use with circle hooks, tight lining, and can catch fish all day long...no prob. It just doesn't bend as far and as much as a M/H action tip. I wouldn't go chasing dinks with it but bigger fish its fine.

10. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
  11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jake...a lot of the time a bluecat will hit hard and run fast....most of the time he hooks himself with a circle hook. They will work just fine with heavy action rods.:crazy:

12. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    From a Blue fisherman---false!

13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL..Dude, I think your obsessed with cirlce hooks...All of your posts are about circles...LOL

14. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bull Butter.....

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    LOL YOU ARE RIGHT I HONESTLY DO HAVE OBSESIVE COMPULSIVE DISORTER, LOL ITS REALY NOT FUNNY IT CONSUMS YOUR LIFE WITH ALOT OF STUID REPEDITIVE THOGHTS,BUT I TRY TO FIGHT IT,WHY DO YOU THINK I POST ALOT I GOT OCD AKA ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY DISSORTER,NO JOKE:embarassed::smile2: