Trucks

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cat catcher10, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    just a thought......I was wandering what kind of trucks everybody prefered...or car maybe...i like fords my self....but i was just wandering what everyone here thought was a good truck?

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    1969 Heavy duty half ton Chevy, if I could go out and buy one right now.... 4 speed Muncie, 327 4 bolt-main, 650 Holley double pumper, ten bolt posi, 4-core radiator with dual electric fans.......:dribble: Straight through exhaust, red with a red leather bench seat, 4 inch drop in the front, 6 inch drop in the rear.......:still_dreaming: Sitting on air bags, billet steel grill with tucked behind headlights...........:sweat: 20 inch black out rims in the front, 22's in the back.......:0a32: Just a thought!

Kenny

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

WHY NOT GO WITH A 427 or my favorite a 572 CID wow my heart beats faster just thinking about it!

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Better gas mileage I suppose! lol

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Back to the real world, not the fantasy one. Mine is a 2000 F-150 6 banger long bed. Just the basics, vinyl bench, vinyl floor mats in place of carpet, does have air, automatic, and a cd/am/fm. Bought it used to replace a GMC Sonoma (think S-10). I wasn't a lover of Ford, the three or four I've owned in 40 years of auto ownership were crap. But, after six months, this truck appears to be da bomb. It doesn't get the 26 mpg the Sonoma did on the highway, down to 17-18, depending on the hills and wind. But, it does everything well, runs like a top, has get up and go, and, I hope, will last me another 5 or 6 years. Changed my mind about Fords, at least as far as the F series trucks. Still wouldn't buy one of their cars, though. Bought this one after the Sonoma engine threw a rod, went all the way out of the block. It'd been rebuilt once and I wasn't gonna put another $3500 into an engine replacement, especially since the 2.2 liter 4 banger in it was a crap engine anyway...hate that engine, no power and eats head gaskets.

7. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well i got a white, extended cab,2x4,stick.99,ranger its got an am/fm radio air and all that......its my 1st truck(i hope it does good for me)

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    right now i have a 1976' Jeep J10, 4X4, 31x12x16's 4 spd bulldog gear, 304, camoflauged, 2 bbl carb, 2 bucket seats, wood panels in doors, pioneer Cd player, 2 8' subs behind the seats kicking out about 500 amps.... uhhh pics of it are under my name in the photo section... i love it but the gas per gal. is only about 10 mpg.. going to get duals put on it tomorrow with turbo tubes on it... increase in hp also.. cranking out about 350 as it is... will roast the tires on dry pavement setting still taking off in 2nd.. smash er down going about 35 in 3rd she barking the tires, (all over the road if wet)... no rust on it what so ever, going to lift it 3'', rebuild motor, has appx. 23,700 on it now.... my family has been nothing but fords... but i like about anything anymore... i think with duals a good 305 chevy, sounds the best...(family hates chevys) then dodge, then fords.. (trucks that is) mustangs sound best in cars... newer mods.. just my opinion.. u guys asked :).. *** Fantasy Truck*** 79' 250 4'' lift, 351, 4 bbl carb, 4x4 heavy duty rear ends 4:11 Jet black, dual pipes coming out behind the tires, ( 2 1/2 in duals that is ) 38'' mudders on that beast... u know its all time possie, and REAL 4X4! thats a monster truck there boys...

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    From a woman's perspective---------Toyota Rav 4.

Don't have to worry where to put the groceries in the rain. Don't have to worry about snow or hauling things. All the seats fold up in the back to make a very roomy area for large things, plus the passenger seat, too.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. I love Chevys, but not practical for me.

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'll just keep my lil Toyoa 4X4 with 273,000 miles on it. Still get 21 mpg with the V6. Had to replace starter last summer. Best part is it's been paid for for a long time and still humming.

11. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had an '89 F150 with the straight 6 that was a bulletproof truck. I replaced it with a '98 Dakota 4 cyl that was trouble free for 185,000. The Dakota only required 6 tires, 1 front brake job and oil changes in the course of 185,000. That's tough to beat. I replaced it with '06 Ram standard cab short bed. I like the appearance of the new truck and it's options but the trans is starting to mess up. My high school auto teacher always told us not to pick favorites because they all break down.

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    One word says it all HEMI!!!

Here is a pic going down the river bank........

Attached Files:

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ford is a truck the others are pick ups.

14. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Found On Road Dead...........F O R D! :tounge_out:

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    '97 F350, 7.3 Powerstoker With Chip & Exhaust upgrades, 4dr cab, 4wd,8' bed,35X12.50-16.5 , BF Goodrich Mud Terrains, 3" bodylift

Runs great, 350,000 on the clock. I'd send my mom to cA. right now in it

16. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    thats a sweet truck jeff!........i still love jeeps and will always have one,until i'm just to old,and not able to get in and out of it?
    these are the two we have

Attached Files:

17. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks! That is one nice set up you got there as well, especially the one with the boat in tow!

I am looking for an old Grand Cherokee to build a fishing truck out of. Has to be able to haul 4 or 5 of us, and get into some of the places I go, it MUST be 4x4. I could save some wear and tear on my truck that way!

18. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    My wife, son and myself are General Motors fans. From a 47 and 49 Chevy 1 1/2 trucks, my daily driver, a 62 Chev 1/2 ton short bed, a work in progress,
    a GMC 79 Full sized Gimmy that is a veteran hunting and fishing wagon. A 79
    GMC Caballero, a 78 Chev 454 half ton, a 90 Chev 3/4 ton with 300,000 miles,still going with the org motor. My wife's ride, a 98 ext cab GMC pickup soon to be replaced with a new Chev or GMC. I did buy a new Ford 3/4 ton last year and sold it after 9 mos. Oh yeah, one poor 62 Mercedes that will soon be on the road. Plus 10 other pickups and cars sitting around for the grandkids when they are old enough to drive.
    Bill

19. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    GMC is the one I like best

20. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    I work at a Ford dealer. Find your self a 1995-2003 7.3L diesel pickup there bullet proof. The 7.3 will run 300,000 miles easy. If you buy a newer ford stay away at all costs from the 6.0L diesel. Its been a disaster since it came out in 2003. The 4.6L and 5.4L engines have been reliable they have some small issues but nothing that would keep me from getting one. I drive a 95 F250 7.3L 4x4. Also the 4.9L inline six engine is very durable and will run forever.