Trucks don't float

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by tmuenster, Feb 21, 2006.

1. tmuenster

tmuenster New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    This was the scene in Lake Geneva, WI today. Glad I never take my truck out on the ice!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    lol. The same thing happened to a friend of mine up in South Dakoto, he went through w/ a brand new F-150 he bought a week before it happened.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Does this happen often?

4. tmuenster

tmuenster New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    It happens more often than you would think. I saw this right after the accident. By the time I got my camera, the tow truck was there and they were trying to get it out. I watched them for about 25 minutes then it was clear this would not be an easy job. The tow truck operator was trying to pull the truck straight back out of the ice to avoid damaging the sheet metal. Heck of a mess.

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    O man what a nightmare!
    What I like best about this or least is that 3 more trucks are sitting not more than 30 yrds away on the ice aswell

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I don't think it would be worth the try, think I would just walk. Wouldn't want to drown my truck. LOL

7. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    That's pretty funny. I know how it must feel. I'm one of those people where if something can go wrong, it probably will.

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I've heard of ice fishing,But with a truck???????:)

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I can't believe anyone is driving on that ice, from the first pic it doesn't look solid at all.

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL that is a funny picture! That would really ruin your day. Im with the rest of you though I think I would walk. I heavy vehicle on ice just doesnt seem like a good idea to me?

11. Gonzo_Joe

Gonzo_Joe New Member

State:
    Dowling Park, Florida
    It woulda been really amusing if'n he had one of those chrome propeller hitch covers on the back.

12. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Good one Gonzo!Man what a drag,glad it aint me.

13. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Wow what a crappy day.

14. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Darn if that isn't something I would have done when I was younger.

15. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well it makes for some good cheap entertainment for the rest of us.

16. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man that would suck, i would just walk. I would never drive my truck out onto ice

17. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    We used to drive on the ice all the time but we always drove with both doors open in case it went through the ice. Lived in Duluth MN and a guy went through the ice and had his doors shut and the ice came up to the top of the door so he couldn't open the door and when he rolled down the window he was still under the ice so he drowned. I walk on the ice now and would never take my truck out on the ice.

18. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    When I was a child I would ice fish with my great aunt and uncle on Milacs Lake, EVERYONE would drive their vehicles out there, they made parking lots and plowed roads on the ice, there were huge ice house villages.

19. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I'm with Jeff Foxworthy on this one. Ice fishing? Wait a minute, we are going to go out in the middle of the lake and build a fire?:confused: I may be a dumb redneck neardowell, but I ain't stupid!:p Ice is for cooling drinks! Not setting on to fish! Besides when your drinking adult beverages you have to "P" alot & don't that also melt the ice? JMHO

Frank

20. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Beeheck-I used to live in Duluth also.Remember the car races they used to have in the harbor?Those little saabs could flat out haul butt on the ice.