**** TRUCKING ACROSS AMERICA****

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by canepole, Feb 24, 2008.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
  2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tom, you were up there where my cousin lives. He moved down here to beautiful Virginia, only to go back up to that mess 6 weeks later. Go figure! He is a truck driver and drives those messed up roads every day, right around NYC. Personally, I'd rather live under a bridge in Virginia than drive up there everyday!! LOL

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom you're looking great! Nice video.

I talked to our son in law a few minutes ago, he's leaving TX, on his way to Pennsylvania with a load of propylene pellets. A lot of the drivers don't like going north in the winter. He never complains, some times he has to go into Canada. Our daughter goes with him a lot but she had to stay home this trip.

4. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Ohio sure looks great after NJ.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    So that was you out touring in the "Hammer Lane" holding everything up..... :smile2: Nice Video, how about some of the footage of the weigh master next time? Maybe a few of the creeper cops hard at work :crazy::crazy:

Memories, Thanks for sharing that, look forward to more of them if your filming still.........

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Yep, Billie that place is a mess, I went right smack dab thru the middle of Ny City across the Cross Bronx expressway week before last, I was about forty miles from the state line and it was about four pm eastern time, and I was tired and fiqured I would take a nap then get back up at midnite and ease on thru, at around twelve thiry I got up and took off, I went all the way thru and was about a half mile from the GW Bridge, And everything come to a complete stop, I spent a hour and a half sitting there, Wondering if I was going to get robbed LOL.
    They had the lower level closed and was sending everyone over the top, and someone wreaked. I discribe NY City this way, Its like taking a hand full of Marbles and dumping them out on a plate and then taking one of them and trying to flip it from one side of the plate to the other without hitting one...

7. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I really don't know how you truckers do it. I had a hell of a time just driving a Ford pickup through NY City. I hope they pay you well, you deserve every penny. Especially with all those polite NJ and NY drivers.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tom, better u than me ,been there and done that ,lots of crazy drivers

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't even drive when I go back there and I was raised around there. I go to Conn. and take the train in to the city if I have to go there. That is the arm pit of America.

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Cane who you runnin for cause it looks like I may have to get back out there but I hope I stay southeast regional good film

11. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Been there, done that, goinin back tue morn. watch out boss, I gonna be trying to catch up to ya!:wink:

Be safe out there!

12. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I'm driving for a company called Summitt Trucking outta Clarksville, In, Darn good money to be made here. But soon as I get caught up, I'm going to try and find me a new job. .. If you don't mind running hard they'll put 3500 to 4000 miles on you a week, I got 3800 this past week,
    10 yr experence you'll make 40 cpm plus they pay PC Miler.
    Trucks run 65 , Yep they turned them down to save fuel,
    and I never have fiqured out how they save money doing that, You run 600 Miles that adds a hour to your trip and means theres another hour of fuel burning.

13. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, thanks for the video, good to see you again. You're starting to look "normal" again with them whiskers sprouting back in, :smile2:. You were kinda close to my old stomping grounds, Buffalo. Went to NYC one time to many, once:smile2:. Tell Laura howdy for me when you get home. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow.

14. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Well you all liked the first one, So here's another one for you,

[​IMG]

15. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    tom did you get ya 12volt cpap machine to take with ya

16. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    man makes me wish i was back on the road again,i sure miss it..

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i dont miss the road since i just run local now home everyday and make the same money im a gas hauler getting ready to head to catlettsburg ky to run a couple loads from there and back home

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I just found this thread. I'm crushed that ya think New Jersey is a S%$T HOLE and that we are all possesed. LOL! Thanx for the vids.:wink:

19. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Big George , You know I was talking about you, I was up there in Northern Jersey, Thats like being in a Forign country....