Truck towing cap

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by sds888, Jun 22, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I think we have decided on a Tahoe deck boat with the outboard but probably wont get it until winter time but I have a truck towing question. I have a 2005 Toyota Prerunner 2WD V6 it has a towing cap of 3500lbs. The boat we are looking at with the trailer is 2548LBS. Am I going to be able to pull this thing out of the water or is the boat going to be to heavy are there any other considerations i need to figure about towing before I buy the boat. Ohh one more question what isthe differnce between the mercury 4 stroke and the mercury Optimax motor? Thanks
    Stephen

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Hmm I would think you can get it out of the water. I've got an 05 4WD Tacoma and it is rated for 6500lbs. They must have some extra stuff on the 4wd towing gear.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I jsut googled it and it says the Tacoma V6 can pull 6500. You might ewant to look into that.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would be more worried about getting it stopped than getting it moving.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    the optimax is a 2 stroke id go with the 4 stroke myself

6. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Thanks for the replies went and look at the boat. It is awfully a big boat. Not sure we will get it or not but if we decide too we cant get it till this winter. Darn those last few student loans. lol Thanks
    Stephen