Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be headed back to work soon as my back is starting to feel outstanding!!

The company I work for contracts with the State of California and is going to crap due to the budget and has everyone now listed as part time and since I've been off canceled every ones health benefits.

So by the time I get released to work it's apparent I need to move on!

So tell me what you guys haul, where your located, if your hiring, what your work days/hours are like...or what there like for the new guy.

I don't mind physical work and actually like it. Love to get out of the truck and actually do something. Let me know!!! Spotless driving record doubles end. Hell I'll get any end I need for the right company.

Or hell just a good stable job. I hate changing employment. Gotta make money!

Thanks,

Rossi

· Registered
4,070 Posts
I don't know much about how the truck driving thing works, but I do have a friend(the one that showed up with my son) that drives truck and just started a new job last week. I'll hit him up and see what the deal is where he is at. I don't know if companies typically hire out of the area or what. Good luck with the search. Hey bro, you could always go work with Russ driving Schwann's trucks since your record is so clean. 14 hr days, it's nothin bro. LOL

G

·
The only way you will ever make money rollin a rig is owning your own or 2 or 3...

Even if you can get a good thing going the real money is running teams hands down.

The problem with teams is finding good people who can run the rig keep it clean and who like to work... even in this time of job loss you would be shocked if you knew how many people dont wanna work if they can bring home 1500 a week after tax's for 5days work.

Might wanna look up FedEx National LTL they have a ton of line haul guys for a company driver i think they start @ 16-18hr steady work .If you dont have a spotless background a good company job is hard to grab... Hell even with a spotless record they are hard to get... you gotta wait for the old timers to kick the bucket or retire ..

Again there is big money in truckin but working for a company can keep the bills payed and have a few toys but to retire ahead of the game you gotta have your own rig.Dont let fuel price's scare you ... Any owner who has a half @$$ gig makes a lot more when the fuel is sky high ...

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Dont know anyone that is a trucker..... Sorry that your back is ailing you.....Was that an "on the job thing"?......

The Fed X or UPS idea seems like a thing of chance.... got to get on the list I guess...

· Banned
3,004 Posts
UPS is hiring and have a pretty good starting salary for truckers somewhere in the mid 60,000 to 70,000 I believe when I saw it. Trucking experience would be a plus. This is starting to become a common thing with people now. Job cutbacks and layoffs. Ill times now.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPS typically hires within from there dock workers. That company is a pain to get onto...you have to start young and work part time and work your way up. If you can do this it's a bad arse company.

But I'll look an see if that practice has changed!

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did find a OTR job at UPS in Stockton that isn't too far from me. But with a wife and two young kids being gone 1 to 3 weeks just don't work anymore. I miss too much and can't handle it anymore.

I'd prefer to do the terminal driving. They pull doubles from stockton to Reno and drop...so it's just a drop and hook all the time and your home daily.

· Registered
116 Posts
Try craigs list it's updated daily. I drive for fed ex ground it's all contracted out ,no benefits ,no vacation , but I don't have to talk to any body so it works for now . I'm thinkin bout haulin fuel there's good scratch there .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.