Truck drivers of the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Hootowlc3, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 23 (AP) — A Bush administration plan to allow 100 Mexican trucking companies to haul freight deeper into the United States than previously allowed drew an angry reaction Friday from labor leaders, safety advocates and members of Congress.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/24/washington/24trucks.html

I think this is part of the North American Union

I was wondering how this will effect some of the brothers that drive the big rigs. Especially the owner operators.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I think this would be a huge mistake i can think of dozens of proplems this would cause with the trucking industry. You can bet if it does happen all hell is gona break loose!!!!!

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hoot and Steve, I agree this will cause more problems then any amount of good they are tring to do. The gov. is screwing over the truckers AGAIN! Imagine that:that_hurt:

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I remember the trucking strike back in the early 70's or late 60's. Ex father in law was a truck driver back then and he refused to go out on the highway. We was visiting there (Springfield Mo) at the time and just outside Springfield a truck was blew to pieces on the interstate. It left a huge hole in both lanes of the interstate.

If the mexican's do happen to do this I'm sure there would be lots of holes in the interstates once they start.

5. gander

gander New Member

State:
    jerseyville IL
    well it seems like there on that path i was out at the west coast an i seen alot of southern trucks already an all so thorugh AZ,NM,TX it already at are front door guys

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    From what I can understand the mexican government does not regulate the safty issues of the drivers or trucks. That can only speak of the danger to our citizens also they would be a lower cost operation so it would hurt all of us not just the Drivers after this all being said I do think that the BOC is big enough to be heard so if you do truly see why this is bad then let your thoughts be heard in Washington please the trucking industry needs all the help it can get

7. waitin on whiskers

waitin on whiskers New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Its only gonna get worse, they dont have to abide by the same logs as we do, Our DOT laws or nething but thats not the bad part. The bad part is they will haul anything for nothing which is why freight is so cheap now and declining, its hard enough to cover your overhead and make money now pretty soon you wont even be able to cover even your fuel. Theres so many driving now that i dont even thinking shuting down our trucks would do us any good. Freight would jusy be cheaper when we decided to get back on the road.:angry: :angry: :angry:

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The NAU is another NAFTA fiasco. Now that the manufacturers are dwindling, the government is starting on another industry. Look out, you'll never get kissed.

If the Mexicans can't speak English, HOW do you think they can read the road signs and obey simple traffic signs and laws? Not gonna happen.

The great sucking sound becomes louder.

What a sad state the world is in today.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. I remember the last strike in the 70's. Trucks not moving, stopping where they were, burning huge piles of tires, protesting, etc. Not a pretty site but it may be worse this time around. Be careful out there on the interstates.

9. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Saw it I think it is crazy, hell they can deliver illegals anywhere in the US,
    by the truck load.

10. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    My dad is a driver, i hope he dosent get screwed

11. cockroach

cockroach New Member

State:
    florida
    can anybody tel the democrats to close the door an give jobs to american born workers?