Truck Drivers Need Help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by River Outlaw, Dec 23, 2009.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
  2. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I can't see the vid., dial up. :angry: I guess the trucking industry is getting hit pretty hard. I really feel bad for those guys. My brother got cut this week with about 25 years senioroty at that company. He said he would just ride it out till June and retire

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I heard that in the radio in my truck yesterday,But missed the name of the CO. Thanks. Thats pretty chitty this close to Christmas,The news said they got Bus tickets in return for their fuel cards when they tried to use them.:sad2:

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

wasnt their fuel cards.. it is their trucks! if they surrendered their truck to a dealer, the dealer would get them a bus ticket

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sad time of the year to pull something like that. In fact it stinks. If one truck company gets away with this another will follow. Times are hard.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Seems like a lot of this happens around this time of the year.I've lost 2 different jobs like that in the past.Both right before Christmas. 1 after 9 yrs the other after 5.No one is safe out there. No such thing as JOB SECURITY union or no union.Prayers going out for those drivers .

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    It's not the Trucking companies fault,, They WANT to haul freight..

It's the nasty economy, and related..

Especially Union,,

Nothing new,,,, In the 80's and 90's,, Twice, for 2 different co's,,,I left the terminal with a load of freight and when I returned,, the gates were closed, locked, and guarded, and didn't get so much as a thanks driver. Had to pull my gear out of the trucks and go look for a job..

Anyhow,, welcome to the World!!!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  9. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    It's a bad situation all around. I'm sure the company would rather stay open, but that's a lousy way to lay folks off. It's an awful shame that it happens at this time; I wonder how many kids won't get anything for Christmas this year. On the up side, at least a lot of dads and some moms will be home for Christmas.

About all the men in my family either are, or have been truck drivers, so I have a lot of respect for the folks who do that. From what I can tell, truckers are some of the hardest working Americans there are. I'll say a prayer for the Arrow truckers; I really hope they can all find more work soon.

10. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I drive for a LTL carrier and this economy everybody is hurting. Think about it after Clinton went to bed with Chinesse and all of our mfgg. went overseas, instead of goods getting hauled 5 & 6 or more its just getting hauled 2-3 times from the importer to the distribution center to the retailer.
    I hate it for those guys how they were treated, I hope that they can get home before Christmas Day.:angry::angry::angry::angry: