***Truck Drivers Beware***

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by canepole, Dec 30, 2007.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    A friend sent this to me awhile back. This place is called the tail of the dragon,
    And this is one place you don't want to take a big truck. Actualy it would be scarey going thru there in a car
    here's the link...

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.html

2. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    I use to Drive coast to coast and never ran across that road. But heres the real question , why are they still allowing Big trucks down there? is that the only way out? what the heck they doing on a skinny road anyway?? even if its 200 miles longer on the highway you will make much better time. No stop lights, small town traffic etc.

3. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    The old single bore tanker and that hi-way wouldn't get along very well.:cool2:

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man thats just crazy.... I dont think i would drive it

6. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
  7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    If all Big Rigs have such a hard time with those type of roads looks like the DOT wouldn't let the Rigs on those roads. I bet when those roads are icey its a trip going down it.
    Wake Leroy up he hasn't seen a durn wreck like we are fixing to have.:wink: :smile2:

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Tom!

I'll send that on to my son in law.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I saw something on that death road on A&E i think it was, pretty scary

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for sharing but those are roads if it were in my power to steer clear of that's exactly what I'd do. Just looking at them scared me.:eek:oooh:

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Dude....I love that section on road. When its warm all you see BIKERS buzzing through there.

12. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    thank god im local lol, thats all i have to say about that, thanks for the pics

13. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Why would anyone want to drive a road like that,i use to drive an 18 wheeler and its bad enough on the interstate cant imagine anyone with half a brain would even think about driving that road.

14. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    :tounge_out: i drove for over 38 years and when it came to traveling a new road, that i had not been on before, i would ask a ton of questions be fore going on it.
    there will always be a low under pass or 2 ton bridge or nowhere to turn around to get back off that road.
    SWIFT TRUCKING IS NOT KNOWN FOR A LOT BRAINS OR COMON CENTS.
    I HAVE TAKEN BIG HEAVY LOADS UP IN THE MOUNTAINS OF WEST VIRGINA.
    THOSE TRAILS WHERE MADE BY DAN BOONE, AND HIS BUDDIES.
    SOME OF THOSE ROADS WILL MAKE YOU ,SWEAR THAT YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK. had to be pulled in and out by a bulldozer in coal mine company.
    did not see the caps button on,sorry about that.
    elwood:tounge_out:

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tom, that's about the way the road from Natural Bridge to Big Island and from there to Lynchburg, Va was until they fixed some of the curves a few years ago. There was hardly a week all year that somebody didn't go over the side. There is a paper mill in Big Island that receives 300 trucks a day. They still wreck there all the time.

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    which one was JW driving?:smile2::eek:oooh: lol, j/k buddy....rollo

17. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I will try and give you a good answer.
    Most drivers will take a short cut when possible, And there's many of roads out there that are not interstate highway's that are good roads. And in that area its along way around , Some just don't know what they are getting into untill its to late to turn around, I bet that all of the driver's that are in those picture's would have gladly turned around, But it was to late for them and they had to make the best of what they had.

18. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I saw that road on superbikes a while back.