Tru Turn Hooks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by tomcat85, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Im thinking about getting some of these things what do you all think? They look like theyll work pretty good since they say they turn towards the pressure of the pulling fish so i think im going to try them out.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tom give them a try and see how they work.I think they will rotate ok. The problem I have heard is the gap of the hook is a little small for larger bait. Let us know how it turns out.:lol:

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i use only tru turns on my jugs and limb lines. i have tried circles and kayles but just went back to tru turns. they are great hooks and have only had a few straighten out on trotlines.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I use #8-#6 tru turn hooks for trout fishing. The turn in the hook holds the night crawler on, acting as a bait holder. For the kitties those is khales and circles.

Wheelmobile07

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i use the 5/0-9/0 tru turns and they work great for cut shad

6. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    till this year I had a hard time finding them in the larger sizes, but yes I think that if the gap is big enough there fine hooks!

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Trueturn hooks is about all I use, shy of a few circle hooks and small ones for pond fishin'. They've yet to let me down, too. My 2cents.

-Red

8. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    6/0 tru turns and kahles is my choice, blues on rod & reel.

9. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks to all for the input. I thought about buying some for catfish but I thought they were mostly for plastic worms or other artificials. I may try them now.

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thank you everyone! i'm going to buy some tonight. I hope they have some big enough if they don't i'm going to get some anyways lol. im only fishing for channels so they only have to be as big enough for cutbait.

11. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Try them out bro. As you can tell on this post many people think that they are great hooks.

Wheelmobile07

12. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    They are good hooks, I use them on trotlines every now and then. Sure, I have had a few straightened out and broken, but I have had that problem with other hooks too.

13. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    I got 2/0 bass worm hooks b/c thats all they had at wal-mart. They should work fine i think.

14. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    The worm hooks have mighty thin shanks

15. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    yeah but i probably wont catch anything over 10lbs im guessing.

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a master fishing catalog 2007 from Cabela's you can get 50 truturn big enough for cats for $5 plus a little shipping fee. Just thought I'd hollor in!:big_smile:

17. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i hope that deal is on the site. Thanks you!

18. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    ive used the smaller red ones for crappie and bluegill, none of the bigger ones tho, i use eagle claw or lazer sharp any time i can since they are american made and have never failed me. im pretty sure that the military puts tru turns in their survival kits? if someone could varify that since im not 100% sure.

19. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Yeah, Jayson yer right. But I have trouble getting Tru-turns in the bigger size. The #2 snelled aren't very strong....3/0 is biggest I've found. But I started to catch more fish when I went to them.

20. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Tru Turn perma steel catfish hooks are my favorite when fishing for flatties I like to use 5/0 and bigger.