Trout Waters

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by Catman92, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Catman92

Catman92 New Member

State:
    New York
    Anyone know the best place to fish for trout in the summer. Streams, lakes, or rivers?

2. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Well, I'd imagine it depends on the area that you're in, but around here, all three are pretty good for trout during the summer, especially early in the summer and later in the summer. The hottest months tend to slow things down a bit, as the fish get lethargic.

I stick mostly to lake fishing for trout, and occasionally we'll fish an inlet or an outlet stream if there's been good action. If I'm at a river, it's usually for cats and bass!

3. Catman92

Catman92 New Member

State:
    New York
    Around here there are alot of little to medium sized streams to fish and few lakes with trout in them. So i usually go to the streams but dont catch much unless im at a decent sized hole.

4. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Salmon eggs have always worked best for me in shallow streams with moving water.

For lakes, if you have a boat, I fish best trolling a fly just after dinner time until it gets dark. During the day, trolling needlefish or using rainbow/glitter powerbait has always given me my best results.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i fish lakes at night under lights with crawlers. they will be at the thermocline depth.

6. PWillis

PWillis New Member

State:
    Ninnekah, Oklah
    In Oklahoma there is the Lower Illinois River. Outside the town of Gore, Ok. there is a camp ground called Marval that is right on the river and my mom always does pretty good with that Berkley Rainbow Trout bait. She claims she usually limits out on the trout in the river, which is 6 per day. Make sure you get a trout stamp which is $10 and lasts all year.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you were around nashville I could put you on your limit in an hour but I couldn't tell you up there.

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I grew up on a trout stream. In the summer the waters warm and low in oxygen. they will move to deeper areas with a good current which is where there will be more oxygen and the deeper water will be cooler. midday fishing will be tougher so morning and evening fishing will be best. Atleast thats how it was on the Perkiomen river in PA.