Trout stocking

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by james, Dec 17, 2008.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    just wondering if anyone is fishing for trout yet just checked out tpwd site and seen some places have already been stocked i cant wait they are stocking below the dam on lewisville this weekend and south lake in denton on the 30th
    :002: cant wait to cook some up

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey james i have been catching them pretty good up here in amarillo. catching them on weightless braum's buttermilk biscuit dough just like last year. the ones they stocked this year are bigger than usual, around a pound. those are perfect grilling size right there. right now i am vacuum sealing them and freezing them, won't eat any till i have a supply built up. that way when i get a hankerin for trout in the summer i can still eat some! good luck to you bud.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    man a pound lucky..... most of the ones around here are 6 to 10 inches. last year someone donated around 1,000 to the lewisville dam ontop of the 3,500 tpwd stocked, all over 20 inches seen a pic at the front gate of a 5 pounder caught by someone was a monster. ive been useing berkely power bait pink green and orange the floating kind with glitter went and picked up some super duper and kastmaster lures heard they are pretty good gonna give them a try

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fished for some last week in san angelo. they did not bite very well. only a couple of guys caught many. i am gonna be in allen for the next week and have not checked to see if they have stocked any there.

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    They stocked Bethany Lakes in Allen Dec.12. They aren't biting real good yet. Most caught on bread. A few on Power Bait Corn. Fly fishing is still out.

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    yeah i heard that they are not doing to well over at bethany in allen far as i have heard power bait is your best bet, never been there my self but was told to try the bank near the thick woods??

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the girls are going to a movie this afternoon and the guys are gonna try bethaney this afternoon. if they won't bite we will move over to lake lavon and do a quick catfish fish. merry christmas to all

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    went out last night and struck out. 4 hours fishing and one bite. after i got home i realized i had lost my wallet. couldn't find it where we were so hopefully it's around the house somewhere... anybody else think the trout get finicky when the weather is changing day to day?

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    i made it out to the lake in south denton that was stocked back on dec 30th i only hooked up with one right when i got there pretty nice size compared to what i mostly caught out of there last year. wind was blowing 15-20mph way to strong to use my light gear but i had to try first chance ive gotten to get down there any fish. i tried using power bait yellow pink green and red got the only one on pink tossed out some lures with no luck at all seen a guy across the lake just wearin them out left and right not sure what he was using to far away to hollar at him im heading back Tuesday hopefully i do better and the wind wont be a blowin:roll_eyes:

10. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I saw a bunch of people fishing in the ponds in Denton. I was wondering if they had stocked the trout yet. I have not been over there yet to try them out though.

11. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Got my share in the Blanco and Guadalupe. You can catch em in the Guad year round. I used to guide people for them till that flood a couple of years back happened. There seems to be lots of fish in there again though. Caught 7 last week below the 3rd xing

12. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    from what the weatherman says its gonna be a while tell it will be worth fishing there got a couple cold fronts coming in this week really hate that the lake runs north and south. I wished they would stock the one closer to the playground wind coming out of the north wouldn't be too bad plus the actual parking lot for the park is down there can't park in the school parking lot anymore they are towing people week days:confused2:

13. MarkP

MarkP New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi gentlemen,
    This is my first post. What lake are you catching in in Amarilo, medi-park?
    Im pretty new to fishing out here I grew up in Indiana fishing interstate pits. Last summer I went up to Clayton Lake in NM and caught lots of small channel cats, trout and walleye.....any area advice would be appericiated...

14. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    Here in Tyler a few times over the holidays I only had a hour or so to slip off and fish, so I hit Faulkner Park and would get my limit pretty quick using Gulp corn.

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    man im just not having any luck ive tried all my tricks and bait im clueless this year went today and got one small rainbow but caught what looked to be a five pound bass put up a nice fight caught on 4lb test with ultra light rig with a salmon egg hook just bout spooled me a couple times im not sure how i got him in