Trout stocked at James A. Reed

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mr.T, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The conservation department stocked trout in 2 or 3 ponds at the James A Reed wildlife area in Lee's Summit last week and the report is that the fish are biting well. A trout permit is required in addition to your regular fishing license. I think the limit is 4 trout per day.

They told me the area is closed weekdays for the next 2 weeks for a managed deer hunt but is open on the weekends for fishing.

Planning to take my kids out on Saturday or Sunday and see if we can catch dinner... We went last winter and they had a ball.

2. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    The Conservation also stocked Busch Wildlife last week in the St. Louis area. They stocked from three to five lakes at Busch plus others in St. Louis.

Good Luck!

3. MidwestFish

MidwestFish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    busch wildlife trout lakes are amazing if you have a chance go out there. heres a pic of me n my buddys creel last season...

Attached Files:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Took my 9-year-old out this afternoon and caught 6 little trout in about an hour at James A. Reed - biting on corn-flavored Berkley Powerbait. We missed far more than we caught - for a while, they were biting so fast I couldn't keep more than 1 line in the water. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon, though it really got cold once the sun started to go down.

Light fishing pressure and everybody seemed to be catching them. Some guys next to me were using frozen corn and catching about 2 channel cats for every trout, just one right after the other.

Planning to head out again on Sunday, probably take both kids to the "kids only" pond and let them have the fun...

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Caught 7 more trout on Sunday at James A. Reed. The kids out-fished me. Again. I caught 1 and they each caught 3...

6. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    I enjoy the stocked trout at Nifong park in the columbia area. Two years ago the pond was frozen thick enough that you could walk out on the ice and cut a hole and catch your limit! I had a blast ice fishing, that was something that I had never experienced before. I also was surprised to see so many others doing the same thing, being it was mighty cold. I prefer the stocked ponds over bennet springs because bennet is just to congested. Good luck everyone!

7. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Mr T, we also used the Berkley power nibblets. The best bait we used was rolled up balls of velveeta cheese on a #8 trout hook.