Trout season Saturday 17th.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Oct 13, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Trout season opens Saturday guys . Who all is planning on hitting the water this weekend ? I will be out bright and early Saturday morning . We plan on catching a load over the weekend . Caught a 6 pound rainbow last weekend while crappie fishing , but had to let it go back to keep with in the laws .

2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Starts here in Kansas on the 15th Thursday, I won't go until Saturday morning. I enjoy catching them, use 64th and 32 th oz jigs and trout worms and tube jigs, some times i get 20 or 30 in a day, 6 lbs very nice fish, ours are all stocked by the state and do not survive the summer
    got 2 4's and 2 3's last year in one day

3. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    Beaver Dam state park,try there,nice little lake full of rainbows.

4. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm going for the "first" time in my life! I've never caught a trout,but the State has stocked a lake at a State Park close to me. Do you fish the bottom? How deep do you fish? Lastly,I've heard from the locals,that Power bait Trout dough is the stuff to use,along with night crawlers,corn,marshmellows?:eek:oooh: Any advice will be appreciated. Ron

5. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I've caught more trout, on vevetta cheese than any of the power baits or corn. make a small ball and fish it on a very small treble hook on the bottom. we use very small gold minnows also under a slip bobber

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We use little 1/4 ounce roostertails mainly with blue in them . Worms , marshmellers , corn and those paste baits by berkley will work . Its like everything else just have to try a few baits till you see whats working .

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We also use these .... Called Blue Fox

8. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks,Floyd!:big_smile: I've got Berkley Power bait (trout dough,in orange,with glitter in it?:confused2: that's all I could get around here) velveeta ( don't think,that's spelled right?) cheese,night crawlers,corn,and little marshmellow's. I also do have some small (1/8 ounce) Walden's rooster tails,I use crappie fishing (never thought of using them):roll_eyes:! I'll post my "First Time,Out Trout Fishi'n" results on this thread:smile2:. Ron

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Will be looking forward to it . We are going to try making it in the morning , but I have been sick as heck . Hopfully I got some pictures my myself to share .

10. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here's the update!:big_smile: Jim and I went top the lake. It was dark,and we waited for daylight (couldn't see a thing). Talked to a guy,and he gave us alot of tips on how to catch them. Turned out that the "mini marshmellows" were the "hot ticket" I caught 3 and, lost 1,and Jim caught 1 and lost 2. Man this is fun,can't wait to fry them up. Here's a pic. of the fish,and a couple video's. Thanks for all the advice,guy's!:wink: Ron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRN5Ag7anI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3NaEBAf-GA&feature=channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDyK9bOidQQ&feature=channel

Attached Files:

11. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    those are 3 nice trout...They stocked our lakes thismornin...next week will be when i hit the holes...they fed them before they stock them here...i use red worms corn minners mashmellows and berkely power egs in the pink and chartruse colors...our trout seasone is whenever they bite in iowa no season imits or any thing..only you can keep 5 andyou have to have a trout stamp in order to keep them...$11 a year aint bad!

12. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    power bait in the chartruse and i also have had great luck with the red/white dare devil spoon , last weekend 14 guys around the lake no one catchin a thing except me using the daredevil.but ya never can tell what they might hit on, everyday could be different

13. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks,Yeah,we have to buy a stamp (6.50) a year too. The biggest trout weighed 3 lbs. 11oz. Man,these fish have alot of meat on them. Here's a pic. (wife took it,so it's better) of the biggest fish. Ron

Attached Files:

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Heres what we caught . Didnt get started till 10am was using inline spinners
    Caught 17 missed a ton

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    smallest one was around 2 pounds

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    looks like you had a great day. congrats and keep it up:big_smile:

17. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man,Floyd!:crazy: You guy's tore"m up!:big_smile: I "limmited" out today with 5 fish,but that is unreal! Ron

18. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Hit it again today caught our 30 limit quick with some homemade bait . I posted how to make the bait in the trout section

19. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How many fish did they stock in your fishing area? They told us they released 950lbs. of fish in the lake I'm fishing. Heres a pic. of today's catch. Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009