Trout season opens March 29th SE PA

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by alpal16, Mar 4, 2008.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Well, trout season is going to open March 29th for us lucky ducks in SE Pennsylvania. Can't wait to throw the fly again for trout---I must be weird, the 2 kinds of fishin' I love are fly fishing and cat fishing (seems like I am on 2 opposite ends of the spectrum)

Oh well---do whatcha like to do, I guess :wink:

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    a trout season !!!!!!!!! thats crazy ..... open all yr long here where i live .

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Went for the first time last spring, going to Tenn. again this May. I am pumped already. New waders, new boots, new flies.

I may have to finagle a short trip or two to the WV streams before then.
    Been playing with the stockers in a local lake but that aint getting it.

4. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Yep I do it all year round too. Even in winter, when its time to pull out the auger.

5. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Have fun with those new boots and waders and I hope those flies produce for you. Got a new combo myself and am itching to try it out. BTW, I am originally from WV--outside of Charleston in Putnam County. You will have to school me on some good streams to hit when I come back to visit my family.:cool2:

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Darn near X neighbors! I'm here in Cabell Co.!

At this point there is not much I can teach anybody about it, But I'm learning!

A place I can recommend is Smoky Mountain Nat Park near Townsend Tenn. I like it down there so much I'm going again.
    Townsend is close to Gatlinburg but on the "quite side" of the mountain. They just about roll the sidewalks up and 9:30 pm., great fishing, a great fly shop, and boy is it pretty down there!

I hear tell the Gordons have started to hatch already and the fish weathered the drought in good shape.

7. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    yeah,i just saw where they had just stocked trout in the little tn river that goes through townsend...thats my back yard

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Ahhhh trout season opener. Ive hated that day since I moved to the city. I grew up in cattle country fishing the perkiomen (since age 4) and now Im stuck fishin the lil lehigh. I got tired of the shoulder to shoulder fishing, the idiots trying to snag palomino in the mouth to make it look legal and not fish commissioners there to report them to and people getting angry at me cause I caught something and all they have is a drowned worm. Seriously. I'd sleep in and show up late. I'd ask if they'd mind if I could take a cast or two by them. They say yes, I work my magic and bam. fish on the stringer and some guy who gave me permission is peeved cause in 2-3 hrs of fishing, he never knew it was there. I fish trout aggressively. I read the water, work a pool over and move on & hit it again later with something different on the way back to the car. I dont drown bait like I do when catfishing. So now I just avoid the water most of the day and go in the evening or within the next 3 days before its fished out completely.

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    We don`t get started until the middle of april in southwestern Pa.

10. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Yeah, for some reason several SE counties open March 29th. The rest of the state opens in April. I wonder why they set it up that way.

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thet set it up that way cause the streams in eastern part of the state warm up earlier than the northern and western Pa. countys. The fish trucks can access the streams earlier out your way. Many of the northern streams are stocked on rural and dirt roads which are impassable at times with snow.

12. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    we catch trout year round here no seasons here exept hard water and soft water seasons. got me a new snowmobile a few weeks ago and going out tomorrow with a large group of people (friends, co-workers) it's gonna be a blast!!! the kids won't be coming with me this time so i'll be able to see how fast it'll really go. high speeds and many large trout , only hours away and i can't wait. the weather supposed to be nice also.:0a18:

13. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You could always try some flyfishing on some delayed harvest streams or trophy trout waters . They stay open all year except the opening morning , not until 8 a.m.