Trout Report from VA

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by WHEELMOBILE07, Dec 30, 2006.

1. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I know this isn't a catfishing report but, just figured i would share one of my outings, because fishing for trout is very fun for me too.

Went fishing on saturday morning with my fishing buddy steve in the Smith River in Bassett, VA. Got in around 8am just as they stopped generating from Philpott Dam. Water was still rolling through there pretty good so we waited a min or two giving us enough time to put our waders on and get our tackle and bait together.

First half of the trip was slow only producing one keeper rainbow. We waded that section on the river then decided to move down stream to another section chasing the dropping water level. This was the money hole we quickly limited out with six rainbows a piece. We also caught several browns but released all of them.
    We moved to the final hole, by this time the temp had risen quite a bit. This hole was filled with knotty heads. We must have caught 10 a piece. I kept these little creatures as well for a catfish excusion that I was planning on friday to a private lake that i know. That excursion didn't go so well only hooked into one cat on friday with the cut knotty heads and it got off so i called it a day. Still had a great time on Wednesday though.

Wheelmobile07

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Trey - Thanks for the report. I enjoy Trout fishing also! Sounds like you guys had a good day!

3. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks bud we did have a really good day, good to be able to wade in a river when its 30 degrees outside and still stay warm while the fishing is productive.

Wheelmobile07