Trout fishing?

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by DANZIG, Jan 12, 2009.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Where, when, and a cheap place to stay? (Bed and shower is all I need.)

I have a buddy that has been taking me down to Tenn, for a couple years and I am looking for something a bit closer so I can use the fly pole more often. Any suggestions?

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Everyone I know goes up to Bergoo or to Seneca Rocks area.If your more the adventurous type we have Paint Creek down here in Southern Kanawha and Fayette counties.

Dont have a clue as to lodging but I would bet there's more than a few fairly cheap places to stay.Once again everyone I know either campers in or rough it in tents.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "If your more the adventurous type we have Paint Creek "

Please explain. I am over here on the western side O the state so that would be closer.

4. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    You would be covering more water to catch the same quantity of trout.Also the phrase "Paddle Faster,I hear Banjos" may come into play lol.The chance of tying into a small mouth could be worth it and even used to be holes full of bullheads even tho the water is ice cold.

It is a really nice place and has changed so dramatically since I was a kid,used to be trash from one end to the other bank to bank.

If I can get a chance I may drive up thru there this week.Let me know if you come down this way I am only 5 miles or so from the mouth.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Could tell you of lots of places to fish up torwards seneca but your talking west WV now did someone say banjo's :eek:oooh::crazy: