Trout fishing but thinking about catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by nightfish, Mar 31, 2007.

1. nightfish

nightfish New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I really thought trout fishin today would " scratch the itch" but all I could think about was lightin the lantern and hookin into a big cat. Anyone else feel the same?

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - Welcome to the B.O.C.!:0a25: :0a23: I like to do some Trout fishin' in the spring but I definetly prefer Cattin' on the river! I usually follow the seasons - Ice fishing in winter, Trout in early spring and then Cattin' till fall and Walleye, Carp, Bass, Drum, etc. tossed in there also.:smile2:

3. nightfish

nightfish New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I feel ya man, I love catchin anything I do some bass fishin with a few buddies all spring and summer. I also want to get into some stripers this year, but my #1 love is a quiet warm night when the pole starts a shakin.

4. nightfish

nightfish New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    and thanks for the welcome hope to see ya on the water!

5. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Mike welcome to B.O.C.
    I, like Scott fish all year long. My first love is Smallmouth followed closely with Catfish. You dont have to wait for the warm sommer nite's, the cat's are hitting right now. If the river isent fishable Ill try trout fishin but that's only the last resort. I follow the seasons as well, when the water get's hard I'm on top. I'm on the water 12 month a year.
    I noticed you fish the Nock. before I moved up to N.E. Pa. I fished the Nock all the time, I think it's one of the best Catfishing lake's in the state, My best was an estamted 30 lber cought about 10 years ago. 8 and 10 lbers are very commen in that lake.

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Well ole buddy...won't be long now... I'm getting anxious myself.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Welcome to BOC!

catfish vs trout? Do I need to go further?

8. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i also agree, it is always nice to get out and i personaly love the challenge of trout but theres still something special about cutting up some smelly fish and casting it out for mr wiskers

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the BOC! I've been itching to go fishing but havent been able to get out yet. I fish the nock too. I just got a canoe to use down there since I dont have room for a trailer for a john boat. if it doesnt rain I'll be down on thursday fishing for anything willing.

10. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Mike, welcome to the BOC! Like a lot of guys I like to fish for just about anything but you just can't beat the hiss of the lantern and the smell of chicken liver on your fingers.:lol: