Trout fishing at Pineflat

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Dec 24, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    OK...... I know what ya'll think:embarassed: but I am hungry for some trout:big_smile: Going out tomorrow for for christmas eve trout:smile2: I will take pics:wink:

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I'll be up dont forget to call though so we can meet somewhere up there.

LOVE TROUT :big_smile:

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'll have to settle for trying for some macks in King Harbor.. good luck you "power guys" or do you all use flies and poles to match?

bayrunner ray

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    ...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST THIS
    MORNING FOR THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY..

A DENSE FOG ADVISORY FOR THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN SAN JOAQUIN
    VALLEY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM THIS MORNING.

Stay Safe Robb i'm passing this morning it's thick right outside my door.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :go:
    Go get them Robb - I know that you can do it!

Good Luck to you Buddy (Really) :0a32: - Remember we want Photos.

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    It's even WORSE out where there going the fog that is i worked out there all last year one day a week in the winter I told them I won't drive out if theres a lick of fog to dangerous to many drunks driving around in this fog, easier for them to hide:eek:oooh:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    LOL:haha:

It was foggy till lil after McCall. Turned out sunny and BEAUTIFUL! Caught my limit of rainbows 3# 2# 2# 1 1/2# and 1#. I took lots of pics. Scott caught 4. 4.5# 3# 2# 2# and 1.5#. Caught em all on green power bait. Wasn't hitting roosters. You missed out!!!!! :tounge_out: VINCE!!!!!!

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Yeah Well DAM!!! :sad2: at least you know where there at now you can take me next time

Better to be safe and alive then wrapped up like eggroll in folded metal :)

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Frying some up in a few minutes:wink: House allready smells. When Annie gets back from making tamales, I am in the dog house:big_smile:

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    GIMME TMALES????????? can I buy some??????????

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    she's gonna cut off yur weewee for stankin day house zup LOL

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb, where did you catch em? was it below pine flat, where they stocked them.... what color roosters did you try?

bayrunner ray

13. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I need some pics

LOL

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    :embarassed:
    we stoped off at Doyles and grabed some copenhagen and heard they planted 5-8# trout there at Winton (below Pine Flat "Kings River"). Went there and started walking the river throwing a pearl Rooster and a red meps. Nothing. Lost a rooster and pissed me off:angry: Also people started driving up. A lil geo with 8 people:eek:oooh: What the heck:crazy: I went up to my lil Radio flyer( 93 VW Fox ) By now 4 cars were there :crazy: We then went up to find the Big Creek inlet to Pine Flat. ( Top of Pine Flat) No One was up there. The trout were jumping. Some huge sqaw fish jumping. We hit the end of the morning bite. Had only 4 at 2 pm:confused2: Scott was throwing a castiac trout trying to catch a sqaw fish. He came back and said, "You want you limit"? Took me around the bend where the water was bout 4-5 feet deep. That where we caught most of em. I have to take my card down to Walgreens down load on CD. I will post pics. Took a lot of pics of the lake. BEAUTIFUL!! Took pics of the trouts there and here as I was Felleting them:smile2: I suck at that. Need to learn:embarassed:
    The walk back :tire:

For reals! Man could hardly get out of bed this morning:ah:
    Maybe it was good you didn't go vince. Why I like my Mendota hole. Drive up and drive off:big_smile: There are some spot you could drive close I guess. Not where we wanted to fish/ lol! Still worth it to me though. Daughters friends came over and smashed the trout:0a28: I hade 1 fellet:0a4:

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Scott and I went to Pineflat yesturday. Took 11 bows all around 16"-20". By 10 am was on our way down the mountain. Decided to hit the slough for some cat action. Got out there around noon. By 2pm, we had 3 cats. 2 were small shakers, but 1 was near 3#. Left around 8 pm. Caught 3 more shakers and thats about it.

16. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Hey Robb take me to your spot at pineflat this friday or Saturday man I need some fresh trout in the freezer:big_smile:

Where do you go? do you drive past the lake? to the back or is there another way back there?

What bait you using ? I have to go to reedley tomorrow may stop there and wet some line.

17. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    We then went up to find the Big Creek inlet to Pine Flat. ( Top of Pine Flat) No One was up there. The trout were jumping. Some huge sqaw fish jumping. We hit the end of the morning bite. Had only 4 at 2 pm Scott was throwing a castiac trout trying to catch a sqaw fish. He came back and said, "You want you limit"? Took me around the bend where the water was bout 4-5 feet deep. That where we caught most of em.

Is that the same spot you hit yesterday? What |Bait did you use chartruse stuff?

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Cannot confirm nor deny:cool2: PM me.

19. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    LOL thanx, I think:tounge_out:

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I Pm'd you the info.....Power bait on a 16" leader. Use lite line. Rainbow is the color. Some days the hit on minows though (bobber).