Trout Fishing at Bass Pro Today!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Dsage, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    BPS had a Spring Sale today so I decided to head down and see if they had anything that I could not live with out. We got there and they had a Kids Trout Pond so the little one wanted to give it a try. Here are a couple pics of the Fisher Girl. Guess she has the hang of it she caught one of the bigger fish in the tank.

Attached Files:

2. Martin Rhodes

Martin Rhodes New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro, Tn
    These are the pics that are always friendly reminders about our conservation. Thanks for the sharing.

"Releasing today's catch may be someone elses trophy tomorrow".

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Great pics Dan. Tell her congrats.

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    watching the kids can be more fun than catching them myself but then again ....... lol

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks for sharing!

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Dan, thanks for postin the pics and sharing the story looks like she sure had fun:smile2::wink::smile2:

7. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Haha nice Dan, I saw them setting up the tank yesterday when I was up there looking for new rods and reels.

8. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Looks like she had fun:smile2:thats what its all about family friends and fun:cool2:

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Dan those are great pic's of your daughter...Mostly the last one { I caught a trout} Thank's for posting those up.

10. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great looking little girl Dan way to get her hooked on fishing young

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats to your little one Dan. Cant wait till mine is able to do the same. :smile2:

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Dont rush time Keith...They grow faster than you want them to..Believe me!

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Thank you everyone with the kind words. So far she loves fish and acting like she is fishing. I hope by the end of the summer that she will be out on the boat for sometime and fishing with us.

Keith please listen to what Tom said, they grow up so fast one day they are crawling the next they are running, talking, and then wanting time to alone. Take in every minute and enjoy it becasue it does not last long.

14. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Me and JR were up in your neighborhood doin some trout fishin. The water was up big time and muddy.I knew that didn't bode well for the trout so I had some worms to try for some channels.Jr caught 2 trout and 3 channel cats about 18 ,15 and 13 inches they gave him a great fight on that ultralight tackle. I had to loosen the drag for him.Left the digital cam in my bass boat sorry no pics. He hadn't had any trout bites and we were leaving. It was so windy we didn't even know he had 'em on till he started reeling the rods in to leave.Last year I hooked a nice flatty in there out of the river no doubt . Didn't have chance to get it in.