Trout fished today!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I took a ride out to Glade Run Lake this afternoon to try some Trout fishing. Glade Run Lake is one of the special regulation lakes that is open the whole month of March for Trout fishing. I was quite surprised upon arrival to discover the lake was still about 90% iced over!:eek:oooh: I decided to give it a go anyway and found enough open water around the breast of the dam to fish. I caught 9 Rainbow Trout - six on a spinner and three on power bait. Pics attached!

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Three more pics from today!

Attached Files:

3. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    THANKS FOR THE PICTS I WENT OUT TODAY ALSO THE BITE WAS REAL SLOW BUT I CAUGHT ONE RAINBOW ABOUT 16 INCHES ON ORNAGE POWERBAIT IM GOING TO TRY AGAIN TOMOROW.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I went back out to Glade Run Lake this morning from 10:40 AM till 2:00 PM. I caught 7 Rainbow Trout. Weather was beautiful at first with temp. about 60*, sunshine and blue sky - I got to fish in a t-shirt:big_smile: . The weather quickly went down hill as dark clouds, heavy wind and then rain rolled in. I got back to my car just before the heavy downpour started:crazy: . Powerbait was the no.1 bait today! The lake really opened up since yesterday with the ice melting rapidly. A couple pics attached.

Attached Files:

5. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scott back in north east Pa. we are still locked up with ice, believe it or not some guy's are still ice fishin. I like the pix, fishin in a t shirt, I lookin forward to them day's.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Scott, I'm not to familiar with Trout fishing, just what I see on the tube sometimes and they always spend more time talking about flys. Is that a good days catch and are they a good eating size? :cool2:

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Scott, nice looking trout!! Tomorrow ( Friday) im going ice fishing again still have two ft. of ice. Next week the temps will be in the 50"s and rain is expected so i would imagine the shore line ice will be getting pretty punky. Probably be another three weeks before i can do any trout fishing.

8. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa

um 7 and 9 trout is a modest days catch actualy proably above average for just ice out. the first few weeks of trout season i normaly catch between 5 and 20 fish a day with a few special days with over 30 trout. but as spring wears on the numbers drop to 3 or 4 fish a day. actualy the year before i started really fishing for them it was more like 1 or 2 fish so it really depends how much time you put on the water and how well you know your water. i think i a pretty well trout angler compared to other types of fishing, for some reason i just have a sense of a trout alot more then other fish species. even though i do well with all kinds of fishing trout is deffinitly what im best at

that the size i love to cook them up. i try to let the larger ones go so they can give other fisherman enjoyment. ive caught enough large trout that i dont need to bring them home just a picture.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jack - One thing about Trout fishing is that there are many different ways of pursuing them! You have the fly fisherman and they can get really into it with the various patterns and type of flies. Spin fishing with numerous type of effective lures. Bait fishing with everything from minnows, salmon eggs, worms to man-made bait like power-bait. You can wade streams and rivers, fish lakes from a boat or shoreline. Trout fishing is very popular here in Pa. especially in the spring.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Took my 2 youngest daughters out to Glade Run Lake this afternoon from 5:45 PM till 7:40 PM. The lake water was very cloudy. Wow, was is it beautiful afternoon! 70*, sunshine, blue sky, no wind. I would like to bottle the weather for future use!:big_smile: My girls landed 9 Rainbow Trout :big_smile: . All caught on powerbait. There were a lot of other people out and I saw a bunch other fish caught including a guy with his two sons who had a stringer with about 40 Crappies on it. Three pics attached.

Attached Files:

11. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scott, nice day with the girl's keep them interested.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I ran out to Glade Run Lake again this afternoon from 5:30 PM till 7:30 PM and caught 3 Rainbow Trout. They were not biting as well as yesterday but it was gorgeous out again, 73*, a bit overcast and just a bit of wind. Gotta love this kind of spring weather!:big_smile: Two pics attached.

Attached Files:

13. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Scott sleeve less shirt weather, got to love that!!

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Trout season opens up in Philadelphia County this saturday! Yes, i get a head's start on some of you guys. But I have no use for them. I would like to use em for flatheads though. Anyone have sucess?

15. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    i cant wait for trout season to finnaly roll around. ive been waiting all winter to finnaly get back on the water and cant wait, ill be in the mountain stremms when opening day hits.

16. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    scott to already be pounding the trout is hardcore, some nice fish man.

17. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Blacky them Trout make good bait for any game fish. The biggest problom is keeping them alive, plus I'm not sure if its legale in PA unless you have a recept that you bought them.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It is legal to use Trout or any fish for bait if caught using legal methods and the fish is of legal size!

19. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    watch out guys, tomorrow i get to go out and i have at least 4 big trout in the hole im fishing. i have one thats easily over 20, a golden around 20, and i think 2 maybe 3 trout in the 15-17 inch range all in a 10 foot hole. i had all of the fish eating bread this week so hopefully i have some pics of some real nice trout 4 tomorrow night.

20. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Its not here in AR in fact its a big nono