TROUT 2009

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Blacky, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It opens here on the eastern side in a little under 3 weeks on April 4th.

Time to touch up on my baitfishing skills.

Who here does it Philly or Caveman style with canned-corn under or bobber?
    Who here does it the God Almighty style? You know, with the waders, vest, hat, flyrod, and flies. Oh, you can't forget about the net!:wink:

2. Black spinner with silver blade, can't beat it.:wink:

3. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah know I'm a sloppy lookin' fly fishermen.. no vest or hat, handme down rod, a few scattered flies... but the fish don't care.

the stockies would rather eat worms or eggs.

I wish I could catch all my trout on the fly fishing rod; its a fun fight on the light long rod, and the casting and techniques are eloquent (when done well). after a few skunks I get tired of not catching fish and end up catchin' the hatchery fish on plain old bait.

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like to call it amateur day with all the kids out w/ there dads.
    I'm headed up to Lycoming county to fish Little pine creek and drink some beer.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I like to fish jigs and spinners most of the time. But on openning day I will have a rod with some powerbait on it. I am prob. going to hit up the Little Lehigh by Allentown.

6. Now your talkin'.:wink:

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'll be out somewhere around berks county opening day, wanna stock that bait tank:smile2::wink:

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Not me I'll be fishin for carp or channels or something else I don't fish for trout:cool2:

9. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Cant Freakin Wait I fish with minnows on my own rig. I thread the needle through the minnow and put a treble hook at the bottom with super light tackle and Its is great I dont do trout caveman style I got all kinds of trout gear that used to be my thing till I got hooked on Catfish now I usually just hit up opening day then I switch over and hunt Turkeys

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Opening day of Trout is April 18th in my part of the state. The catching of the Trout is not the big part to me. 1st day of Trout represents that spring is finally here! :big_smile: The local stores have been having fishing sale ads recently, I bought myself some roostertails yesterday. I enjoy wading a nice stream chasing Trout. It fills the gap till the Cattracker1 is docked on the Allegheny in early May. The 1st day of Trout is a day I look forward to because a bunch of my close friends come over to my house Friday afternoon and we kick of a nice fire, cook up lots of good food and tip a few cold ones. We do the same on Saturday with a little fishing mixed in. We don't take the fishing part serious, we all know there are many amateurs on the water. Hanging with good friends is what it is all about for me that day! :cool2:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Put on 2lb line and it becomes a chess match.

12. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    get some bear claws and do it all natural!!:smile2::smile2:

13. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    well said!

I also want to add that if its good weather its not a bad time to take a kid fishing. the real chore is getting all the other kids to behave and not to spoil the experience for the next generation.

Opening day is a tradition I want to pass down.

14. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Don't forget you need at least 1 adult per kid or your gonna have your hands full.:crazy:

15. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I usually take my kids on the 2nd day. The first day I want to get up real early (45 min drive to the creek) and walk the creek a little before I start fishing and I like to move alot in search of the big ones. I like to use Butterworms for the biggins. They seem to like them alot.

16. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    white roostertails, or a gold swiss swing spinner, or a castmaster is the ticket for me.:wink:

17. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Don't know my exact plans yet. I will probably end up going to my buddies camp like I have the past 4 years. We will pop tops until 2-3am friday night, and wake up around 4am Saturday morning and starting popping some more. The fishing is always an added bonus, although I personally hate trout fishing, especially opening day! (best part is seeing the "die hard" trout fisherman that only come out 3 times a year :smile2:)

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Here'smy exact plans for opening day trout. I'm gonna sleepin all day and rest up. In the evening, I will go out and use canned corn under a bobber with a 9 ft noodle rod and 4lb Seagar flourocarbon and attempt to catch and release trout. I don't like rainbows,but love brown trout!

After attempting to catch brown trout, 3 other friends and I are gonna jump into his SUV and drive 9 hours west towards Toledo, Ohio and fish the Maumee River Walleye Run for 4 days. I love ROADTRIPS!

We are looking for a 30incher:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::crazy:!

What a way to start my spring break:cool2:

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    sounds like fun Tan I caught a brown trout out of the Skuke once and a palomino near the confluence of Tulpohocken creek The point for you local guys Well good luck Tan I don't like trout fishing much either guys buy their stamp go out opening day and hang it up after that I buy my license and I get my moneys worth out of it even if I haven't caught a flat yet I am fairly confident in myself that I will this season:wink::cool2:

20. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    hey TAN have a great trip bro. I hope you get the big 1 that your looking for. :roll_eyes: