Trouble with photo bucket

Discussion in 'Catfishing Videos' started by slowboat, Feb 19, 2008.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have read a lot of post where plp are using photo bucket for storeing and posting pictures. I have tried this three times now and my Norton virus protection has Told me that I have picked up a virus. the program corrected the problum but I was wondering if this has happened to any of you...sb
    Sorry Didn't mean to post in this thread. Hope a mod. will move it.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    This post was moved for Slowboat. Bumped to the top.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have never had a problem and Used mine this am.
    pete

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Is there a safer alternative to photo bucket? Or was this an isolated incedent?

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ive never had a problem with photobucket i use it in abundance. well that and myspace. a way to get around picking up a virus from those sites tho is to right click and click view pick it take you to a separate page with JUST the pic absolutely nothing else. you can save it or copy the location from there. thats how i have always got pics off there does away with the link back to the site too. just a little html and you can post it too. hope this helps

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I haven't used it for long but I have had no problems with it.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hal,

You have a gallery with your account here also that is pretty easy to use.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Paul, how do you get to it and how do you use it? Thanks:cool2:

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you want to add a picture go to the bottom under additional options when you reply or start a thread. Click on manage attachments, then browse and then upload your pic from your hard drive to the BOC server. In your control panel under attachments, shows all the files you have uploaded. You may delete them from there also. I haven't figured out a way to upload them strait to the gallery without posting in the forum though. Maybe that is not possible.

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Its Easy;

Go to, "Quick links", "Catfish pictures", then

find the, "Upload" link in the navigation bar of the photo gallery, and you are done..:smile2:

11. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks paul I'll give it a try...sb

12. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I use AVG Virus Protection updated daily which I consider excellent virus protection and I use Photobucket for both video and picture storage with public use with no problems. I do know it is possible to hide all kinds of nasty stuff in pictures and videos but I have not heard of any problems with Photobucket. I post pictures and videos on a number of web sites. I use YouTube.com, google.com, huntingfootage.com and my web page server to store video clips and use several other picture storage sites. If I can post video clips on this site, I plan to do several catfish video clips this summer and will post some on this site. A person can not be too safe but until I see more proof, I will use PhotoBucket.