Trouble w/ The Bengals?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 14, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The rumors last eyar w/ Chad Johnson, all the draft pick problems, the trouble w/ Chris Henry, now Odell Thurman has been suspended for at least the 1st 4 games of next season for violating the NFL drug policy?

I love Marvin Lewis, but is it time to second guess some of these people that he has picked even w/ known personality issues?

Is/Has Marvin lost control of the team?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm assuming the reason they selected the former Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks in Thursday’s NFL supplemental draft is to fill the hole at LB, now that Odel has been suspended. By draftting Brooks, they loose their 2007 3rd round pick. OUCH!:crazy:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes and Brooks has had problems with drug use..It seems Marvin likes to target problem players, and I could not be a fan of such a team...My Team the Browns try to target high moral players with Christan values..Your choice, sell your soul for a winner, or root for a bunch of loosers like I do:lol:

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sounds like you need a new team Mellon, hows about the Patriots!!!

5. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    howzabout thet clown def end thay picked from usc? booted from colorado for assaulting chicks and now one has filed charges that he physically assaulted her 22 times. frosty rucker or whatever the name is. seems like she waited to file until he got drafted. ($$$)! but she kep going back to him.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeap Dip, your right I think she was waiting for the $$$, but still it's wrong & hes a jerk! Just wait until his butt hits the NFL then people will be taking care of business on him!!!!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    This is easy Mellon.....The Trouble with the Bengals is that they are the Bengals. I thought you had a tough one. LMAO

Dolphins fans are always taking applications.

8. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I know what ya mean. It's getting tougher and tougher to be a Cowboys fan with Jerry Jones, Bill Parcells, TO, Vanderjagt, and Glenn.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL....now that is funny FlatHunter...Im glad You are a Browns fan, that is my team too...The Bengals team is made up of a bunch of thugs...LMAO

10. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It just seems that some teams target players without a care of of how they act. That will come back to haunt them. It still amazes me that some of the athletes with all that God Given Talent, can throw it all away by doing drugs or beating on their wives or whatever. They also take away the spotlight from players who do so many great things for charity. You hardly ever see that on the news but let some number one draft pick get a DWI and it's all over the news.

11. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi, I'm Roger and i'm a ........ bengals fan. Admittance is the toughest thing. Even with all their "thugs" and lousy draft picks never once have i worried that my team would pack up and move away in the middle of the night. :smile2:

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    the bengals have had some problems this offseason but i think marvin has a game plan. the Thurman thing really suprised me b/c i've met him and he was as nice as could be. but every team has some bad guys. baltimore has a murderer, steelers have a guy who just got arrested for spousal abuse. the list goes on. take a group of 50 guys and put them together they aren't all gonna be church going people. i bet one out of every 50 people on here has been arrested for drugs or something of that nature. doesn't mean the administrators are supporting that or that we all are.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My Steeler's drafted a Ohio State boy in the 1st round, Santonio Holmes. Well he has managed to get arrested twice since being drafted. First time for not obeying an officer who told him to get off the street in Miami. Second time for beating the mother of one of his numerous children. Funny thing turns out the woman wants to drop charges, seems she remembered he won't be getting a paycheck in jail. A #1 draft pick gets millions so amazing how she had this sudden change of heart.:wink: