Trouble coming

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Oct 9, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well guys here the scoop.

My wife is going to flip if I bring another boat home but I would really like to get this one.

I been wanting a pontoon for a while now.Was wanting a older one i could get cheep and fix it up.

One just fell into my lap today.

It's a 1968 (cheep taxes) 20' with a 45 hp merc.Has a brand new Very large livewell/bait tank with new airerator.Has about 20 driffmaster all the way around it and a wide open floor.New bearings and tires on the trl.

I think the wife is going to be very mad real soon.:wink:

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    sounds like a great one. I have switched my thinking from a Big Jon Boat to a Toon.

I was thinking the wife would go for it more if we all could go out as a family.:wink:

Lets us know how it goes.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    If you want it, GET IT. Life is too short to not jump at chances like this. Especially if the price is right. I am the same way with older stuff. Taxes suck. I own 4 vehicles, the newest is a 94, and it is cheaper to pay taxes and insure all of them than it is for ONE newer car. Seems like a no brainer to me. I wouldnt hesitate to drive across the country in them either. I dont need to impress anyone, I just need to get there and get there cheap. Cheap still catches fish. Its not the boat that catches em, its the driver!:wink: Now if we could get the KDWP to allow more rods so you can fill all of them rod holders.:smile2: Yeah right!

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Tom, after you fish out of a pontoon for a while, you won't want to fish out of anything else. I started with an old one, and loved it so much I bought a brand new one in 05. I couldn't be happier, even with the taxes. Now just get the wife to go so you can use more of them rod holders :wink:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Forgiveness is often easier to obtain than permission.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Let us know how this turns out. I'm thinking of starting a BOC camp where the men that get/got booted out on their ear can stay and regroup.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tom congrats on the great find. That pontoon should make a great fishing machine. If you get the wife involved with using this toon, she will get over it soon.Most women like pontoons.

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    John I hope that camp is BIG:tounge_out:

Ray I agree I think its the way to go.I have a 20' boat thats rig for fishing but I would love to have a big open floor plan like a toon can give you.

Dan if I can get the wife back into fishing I know she would like it.It would give here a place to sunbath in the nude:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:..Just kidding them days are over.

Kyle taxes do s*&^...Thats why I'm thinking this will work into my pocket book.I have a slip at Perry i could leave it there all summer long.

8. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    The only way that you can make errors and learn from them is to have
    freedom of action. I am blocked from making any financial decisions by
    my wife's design and so now I am more of a roomate than a husband.
    I envy your latitude but realize that impulsive buying is part of the
    behavior they are medicating me for. Keeps me out of a straitjacket.

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, FULL SPEED AHEAD, DAMN THE WIFE'S OBJECTIONSyeah, I'll let you camp out it the CatHouse:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Michael, you need to put your foot(?) down and let her know you're her "LORD AND MASTER", yes, you can tell her I told you to say it, just don't tell her where I live:smile2:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

So John, who's signed up for the camp so far?

I have to disagree with ya buddy, from the other point of view. Now maybe, just maybe, you could possibly think you have a point. AND YOU DO!!!

The problem is the way you express it, or bring it up. (Now, in these times, if you're proposing something completely stupid, FORGET ABOUT IT :wink:)

Oh, back to easier.....that's weird, and I'd like to know more about that. I don't think that's true, at least from the woman's perspective. We'd rather jump on ya at FIRST. And, in general, it'll be WORSE later on ('cause we've already been "duped"?")

Of course, everyone has their OWN viewpoint. I personally like pontoons. Does kinda depend on how MANY boats you already own, and also how much is available $$$.

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Catgirl thanks for sharing a Women's perspective side of things and thoughts....lord knows it is alwas differant than a man's way of thinking and to confess most times the right way.:wink:

I do own only one boat but if i get the pontoon i would sale it and only have the pontoon.But i would really like to have them both..
    Plus i'm thinking if i bought her something special like a new ring it will go over smoother..:smile2:...or I'm thinking just buy the dang thing take it straight to the lake and park it in the slip and never tell her!!:cool2:

13. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    My wife has both hands covered in rings:embarassed: Go with plan B :eek:oooh::wink:

14. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    It is evident even to the most inattentive observer that absolutely
    nothing is done in this house without her express permission. Besides
    I couldn't stop laughing long enough to even deliver the line...

15. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Go for it! I had a 21' and got rid of it for some dumb reason and I have regretted it ever since.

16. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yea get the toon then get your wife a 5 gallon bucket of sonneys super sticky.

17. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Gosh Tom I thought Casey and I were going to get you talked into a Kayak next year...:wink:

18. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Near as I can figure, where I went wrong was during my nervous breakdown
    I turned all financial matters over to my wife. She has repeatedly refused
    to answer any question afterwards since it might make me more upset to
    know than to remain ignorant totally. I think I just might have to wait
    until she is seriously ill to take the financial matters on myself. See where
    we are at right now is "what is mine is mine and what is yours is mine so
    you have a right to know exactly nothing about our accounts." They are
    simply mine, not yours. Disagree? My lawyer will be talking to your lawyer.
    Trust me, just sign the papers he gives you.

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I dont think they make one to fit me into:smile2:

20. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

There's only one way to find out.:wink: Your more than welcome to hide your pontoon over at my house anytime. Just leave the keys in it and the tank full of gas.:wink::smile2: