Trotlining with macho folks...please post related stories

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Blind In Texas, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    I went with a friend in Okiehoma to run a trotline early one morning. My buddy's friend (Larry, Leonard, Leroy...whatever) was at the bow checking the hooks. Pretty swift current was at hand since the outboard was at half throttle to maintain our position. Anyway, "L" was at the bow, on his knees, with his butt sticking up at 12 o'clock and struggling with a 25-30# channel.

I asked him if he needed help and he kept saying, "Naw, I'll get it. Just gotta get ma fingers in eez mouth." Well, as luck (for the fish) would have it, he never GOT eez fingers in eez mouth. Knucklehead thumb gripped the fish and then manhandled the j-hook out. In the current the fish gave a twist and then went freely on his way. I think the fish gave us the bird.

So, "L" sat back down and looked very disappointed. Soon he had the audacity to state that someone should have grabbed the 12 guage and laid seige to that fish's cranium.

Well, later I was thinking about the situation and I told my buddy that, from the standing position in that boat, with "L"'s hind end so high in the air, I could've shot through IT and his BIG mouth and hit that whisker right in the noggin. "L" just never volunteered to be the channel leading to the channel.

Sad thing was, that was the only fish on the entire trotline.

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ive had a GIGANTIC carp make me feel like shooting it before....had a couple flatties on and got 2 in the boat and was working on the third and had a 30+ on the next hook just hanging out not fighting so i was taking it easy..no rush...then the line pulls me and my boat almsot to the other side of the creek..what the he!! ? starts going nuts...makes the other fish flip out and get off..well the line was going nuts still so i thought..MONSTER CAT...so i ease down the line and then this beast comes up to the top and starts thrashign around and i was soooo dissapointed lol i tried to get it in the boatbut it eventually got off also..still boated 3 flats that morning..dotn remember how big...smaller than the one that got off as always..carp probably would have went 50

3. TEXAS_TRUBADOR

TEXAS_TRUBADOR New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I REMEMBER ONE TIME I WENT TO THE LAKE WITH MY COUSIN AND HE CALLED A FEW OF HIS FRIENDS OUT THERE, WELL I WASNT VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT ANYWAYS I WAS CASTING MY NET FOR BAIT THEN FINALLY A NET FULL OF PERCH GOOD SIZED ONES TOO, SO I DROPED THE NET TO RETRIVE MY BUCKET AND WHEN I GET BACK THAT DUMBS&%! WAS THROWIN ALL MY BAIT BACK IN THE WATER, WHEN I ASKED HIM WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING HE REPLIED LETING THOSE POOR FISH GO, BESIDES THEY WERE TO SMALL TO EAT ANY WAYS. I WANTED TO SHOOT HIM IN THE NOGGIN INSTEAD I JUST THREW HIM IN.

4. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    LOL......That's the way I woulda felt......oh and welcome to the BOC!!

5. Cantrell2500HD

Cantrell2500HD New Member

State:
    Cedar Park, Tx
    That is hilarious, I laugh every time I read it.