Trotlining in the Little Rock Area

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jtrew, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm tired of not having catfish in my freezer to eat! Got the stuff to make me up 5 25-hook trotlines. Havent trotlined in years, and when I did, it was up around the Dardanelle area. I've got some ideas on where to set the lines when the river gets down to normal, but by the looks of things, that may not be till wintertime. Anybody got any ideas on some decent spots to set lines right now in the Little Rock area? I was thinking about maybe trying from the mouth of the Little Maumelle River up to the Pinnicle Mountain Road bridge. Anybody know anything about catfishing that area? Either firsthand or rumors? The river at the bridge is about 9' deep in the middle, which is deeper than I expected it to be. (Measured it yesterday off the bridge with a weight and line.) Lots of flooded timber, and it just gets thicker as you go upstream (Google satellite map).

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Jerry, your not the only one with a empty freezer!!!! Setting some lines does sound good. Hopefully I can get out and do some night fishing soon! Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to spots to try. But, the only way we will know is to get on the water and find them!!!

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Jerry,
    I am with you on the need of a full freezer. I just picked up my jugs from Greers Ferry this morning. Set them in the Shiloh area last night. I have been getting several fish on trotlines, but just will be here a day or so, so I just set jugs last night.
    I have only been catching small channels with them only up to about 7 pounds.
    Only caught 3 last night, but did have some of the bigger gizzard shad bit in half. Probably something other than a catfish.
    I wish I could help you on the Little Rock area. I took your word about Conway a few weeks ago and did catch some fish down by the dam.

I will be heading back home/Fayetteville Thursday and will set jugs and trotlines out all night Friday night. I'll post the results.

Good luck down in LR. Let us know how you do.
    ccat

4. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I'm tempted to learn to use a trotline myself but with my luck, I'd string it, head off for work or something and come back and that guy in that nice looking pickup just stole my trotline.:eek:oooh:

I'd love to go nightfishing but I can't get anyone to go when I'm off and I work a lot of nights right now. Guess I could go over to the sporting goods department and dream? Oh wait my boss wouldn't like that...

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    mellisa- anytime you get ready to wet a hook, then hollar at me and Trisha and we will see what we can do!!

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Melissa you need to get a transfer to the sporting goods dept then you'll be in heaven.:smile2:

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Jerry i can't promise ya anything but i have a friend that lives in the Rock:big_smile: going out hwy 10 past wye mountain ya cross the water twice ......second bridge on the left....small flat with lots of weeds....he say's it's loaded early morning with cats then they recede to the deeper water on the other side of the bridge in the day-time...Dont know if that is too far for ya or not:big_smile:

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Isn't that Lake Maumelle? It's my understanding that you are not allowed to trotline or jugfish on that lake. Has that changed? I looked in the regulation handout booklet, but it only said that there were a bunch of additional regulations covering it because it's a water supply lake.

9. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I keep watching for an opening...