Trotlines PB

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by troutline, Feb 5, 2008.

1. troutline

troutline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I caught this cat about 2 years ago on the Missouri by the Gascinade River. I was using live bluegill for bait. It weighed about 37 lbs. It is the best I have ever done and it was alot of work. I about fell out of the boat when I got it to the top of the water and saw how big it was. Nothing like the feeling I got when I caught my first big one.

Attached Files:

2. troutline

troutline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forgot to tell everyone that I put the cat in a friends pond because it was overrun with bluegill. Well his blue gill problem is gone but now he wants to get rid of the cat. He is eating everything in the pond. Only thing is he is too smart to be caught again. Have tried a few times.

3. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Ruth

You did a great job getting the big yellow cat in I know because I was there. You are a great fishing partner and a great wife too.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What a nice post.:big_smile: This wouldn't have anything to do with you trying to convince Ruth that you need a new boat would it?:confused2: No,of course not,you wouldn't do something like that.:wink: Shame on me!LMAO

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NICE FISH GOOD LUCK GETTING HIM OUT

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    And coming out of the Gasconade river - that is really a nice flathead. Welcome to the BOC.

7. T.O.CAT

T.O.CAT New Member

State:
    Missouri
    nice flat glad you released him

8. troutline

troutline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes it worked Gordhawk. I told him if he would buy me a new indoor/outdoor george foreman he could get his new boat. He really liked the new SeaArk at the St. Louis boat show

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I like the colors of those lime green flatheads, nice fish..

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lets see heah, george forman grill for a new boat? Would ya'll contact my wife and share this idea:big_smile: Nice flathead too.

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If that fish is lime green,I must be color blind or I need my glasses changed.:eek:oooh:

12. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    It is exciting when you see that you have a big one, i set out alot of bank lines...I set them out before dark...all night long thinking about what i might have...Then go out in the morning and see those white poles moving and its a great feeling..Alot of fun.

13. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    you should just convince your friend that they need a bigger pond:wink:

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats, niced flattie!! You may have to run a trotline or some limb lines in the pond to catch him....:big_smile: Keep trying eventually he'll make a mistake..:wink:

15. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jug him out if you really want him out of there...

Depending how big of a pond you got...Catch ya some Crappie about 12" inch or so with a nice big 8/0 Gama Circle Hook just behind the back dorsal fin and a you will get him pretty quick...I would suggest using 2 - 2 liter bottles taped together with one Drop line so he has more resistance and a better hook set...Only because you know what you are targeting and you will want to wear him down...

It will only take a few jugs like this...

16. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brother this is the kind of thing that makes this site what it is...Great Story you guy's and hopefully many more great fishing trips together...

17. troutline

troutline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's what fishing is about--doing something you love with your family. That is why it is so important to get kids involved. Our son loves to fish with us. and hopefully he will carry that on with his kids

18. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We have three diffrent nice flatheads in our pond and we might only catch one of them every other year, usually in the spring while bass fishing. LOL. We cant get them when we are trying. I bet a scooby doo pole and a grass hopper will be the winning combination, good luck!