Trotlines on the Tuscarawas River 9-03

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tcba1987, Sep 4, 2006.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Trotlines on the Tuscarawas River 9-03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fished the Tusc River Sunday night with catfish hunter, used one trotline with 25 hooks and SMALL gills for bait in the New Philadelphia "area". ended up catching 4 flatties (a 32 lber, a 18 lber, a 8 lber and a SMALL 2 lber) and 3 channels (a 6 lber, a 3 lber and a 2 lber) It was ALOT of fun, i hadnt ran a trotline in years !!! Just goes to show that there IS alot of nice flatties in the Tusc River !! we rebaited the lines again tonight, I'll let you all know how it goes !!! i am attaching a couple of pictures of the bigger flatties !!!

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish Brian, thanks for sharing.

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Trotlining The Tusc River 9-04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Checked the trotline this morning with catfish hunter, had ALOT of success !!!
    we had 7 channels with the biggest one being 5 1/2 lbs all of the others were between 2-4 lbs each. also landed 5 flatties with the biggest being 15 lbs and two were 7 lbers and we had a 5lber and a 6 lber. The Tusc is definitely FULL OF FLATTIES in the New Philadelphia "area". I dont care whether they were lined fish or rod n reel fish they were alot of fun to catch !!!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO

Nice fish Brian, congats. Sounds like ya found a good spot.