Trotline supplies

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by MissUL8R, Jul 13, 2009.

1. MissUL8R

MissUL8R New Member

State:
    Center Ridge, Arkansas
    I was just wondering where ya'll get your supplies for trotlines? Local, Online???

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC. If you are close to Alma you might check out A to Z. They have a lot of fishing tackle now.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Back when i lined alot i ordered my stuff from Memphis net and twine

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I agree with this post. Memphis Net and Twine has the supplies you will need.

5. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    I have ordered from Memphis Net and Twine. They are good and reasonably priced, however Nylon Net and Twine is a little cheaper and have as good or better selection and quality. http://nylonnet.com/how/

You can't go wrong with either company. For floats and larger gear you might try Atlantic and Gulf Fishing Supply out of Miami. http://www.atagulf.com/ They are top notch also.

Curt

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Good ideas. Another good supplier is Janns Netcraft.

7. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I use delta net and twine out of Greenville ms they have wesite Good friendly people I dont trotline but I do get hooks there
    Thanks
    T Man

8. dobbie

dobbie Member

I use catfish connection for some of my supplies.

9. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    I get what I can locally and order the rest from Catfish Connection out of Pana. Ill. Bigger hooks and some sizes of line are hard to get locally. Line, swivels and hooks are bought, rest of the gear I try to scrounge.

10. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    When I started running 200 hooks I used Nylon net. Good quality stuff for commercial fishermen.
    The internet hadn't been invented yet though.
    I see where they have a web site.

Have a good 1
    just

11. moondog58

moondog58 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ok, maybe I am just dumb, but ever since I was a kid, and my dad showed me how to fish a trotline, I have made my own.

I get all my supplies at either the sporting goods store, or wal-mart. Just make my own. Never knew you could buy one. Go figure.

12. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For the past 4-5 yrs I've ordered most my stuff from The Fish Net Company; http://www.fishnetco.com/ , they've beat all others (I get ALL their catalogs because I've ordered from all of them before) in the price dept and carry good quality product.

13. ra8643

ra8643 New Member

State:
    texas
    If your'e in Texas, Academy has all the stuff you need at good prices usually.

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You can get all you need at walmart. :wink: I believe you can purchase a pre-made tl already with hooks if im not mistaken..

15. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sometime I get it from Catfish Connection if I know what I want. If I don't there is a place about a 1 1/2hour away and he carry's a very good assortment. I will buy from him when I am in that town.