Trotline Clips...what U Think???

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by catseeman, Jun 20, 2006.

1. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I don't know. It might work though.

2. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont know
    cant realy see them in the pictures on the site
    im sure they will work though
    i wanna get me some kind of clips so ill just take the hooks off to store and clip on with bait 1 at a time so i dont have to wrap around a bucket

3. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i forgothey dont have any good pics of them on there...i got them in yesterday...ill take a pic of them so u can see em' clearly this evening...check back

4. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    I can't tell if these are the same type but I've used trotline clips for a while now and they work well.

5. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have been wanting to try them myself. My son bought a bunch from Walmart but we haven't had a chance to try them.

Robert

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    They definitely have their advantages, but I don't like to attach my hooks with them on a trotline because the dropper will wrap around the mainline a lot more with a clip than if you attach it with a swivel. They're great for attaching mid-line weights or floats, and I sometimes use them to attach hooks to an anchored jugline.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I use the clips on all my trot lines..It's the only way to go for me. Yes they will wrap around the mainline once in awhile, but that's a small price to pay for the advantages they have.

It makes setting out, and retrieving trot lines a snap. Plus you can take the clips off, when you get a big fish on, so you can get it in the boat without losing it...