Trot lining Rend Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by .410 Hunter, May 26, 2009.

1. .410 Hunter

.410 Hunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was thinking about running some trot lines at Rend over the weekend. Maybe around the primitive campground. Any advise on bait and location. Never tried it. Thanks!

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    welcome the boc. Wish I could help ya, but I am planning my first trip to Rend in a coupla weeks for the gathering. I've never been there except during duck season. There are a lot of guys on here that fish Rend and they are not stingy with their info. Hopefully someone will help you out soon. Good luck to you!!

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    you can probably find some stumps around the primitive camp. if you head north from there you can definitly find some.

4. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    my friends use to set them on the east side of 37. There are stumps there and they have pulled some nice flatheads from there

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thats a good spot but its been all but taken over by the lake guides. as have most of the other good spots

6. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well i guess thats out of the question then...lol. I know between Ina and Bonnie there is a creek you drive over and you can get a flat bottom back up in there they have set some in there with succes. I have caught alot of cannels out of that creek. I cant think it what its called though. Its just north of Adams road

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stan Welcome to the BOC. Enjoy

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    its atchinson creek

9. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member