Trot lines or yoyo's

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Muleskinner, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    What is your favorite to fish with. I use both of them. I enjoy putting out the yoyo's because I can cover several different spots with them. I do like the trot line a lot also because you can catch so many at one time. I do know that the yoto's are dangerous though. I still rather just casting out with my rod and reaal catching them it is much more enjoyment.

2. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    actually i kind of like to use jugs,when its time to check'm half the fun is seeing how far some fish have pulled them.

3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Im a trotlinin Man
    But i very much enjoy those yoyos

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Yo Yo's were illegal in Texas the last I checked. I'm a rod and reel man, but you might say it looks like a trot line when I put out 5 poles, each with two hooks.

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I am definitely a rod and reel man. I've tried yo yo's before, but I had problems with people running them and stealing the entire yo yo. I also like jugging, since I keep my jugs in sight at all times.

6. tomnt369

tomnt369 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I mainly jugfish. But enjoy rod & reellin to. There's a bucket of yoyos in my boat but I never seem to have the time to hang them out and run them. Someday I'll just hang the yoyos and fish near em.:smile2:

7. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I dont mean to get off the subject and i certainly aint tryin to tell yall how to spell. But i got scolded last week in an email to a certain catfishin supply company. I sent them an email reguarding some trot lines and they emailed me back and informed me that TROTLINES was the correct spelling and not TROT LINES or TROUT LINES. I just thought it was funny and had to share that with yall:lol:

8. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    I was setting there thinking about that while I was spelling it and I really didn't know. Well I said it is a 50-50 chance I get it right. Goes to show you that I wouldn't be a good gambler don't it?

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Makes me no deference as log as I can catch one every now and then:0a28:

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    It don't matter to me how ya spell Trotlines....Gheeze some folks get so picky...lol

I love to run Trotlines myself, it sure is fun when you start to raise one end to check it, and somethings pulling back.. You never know what it is, or how big.

Yo Yo's have been illegal to use since 1983 here in Texas. I love to Rod & reel fish in between running my lines...

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Probably was some 18 or 19 year old babe that found a way to put a crotchety old man in place. LOL

12. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish with trotlines some but 5 hook throw lines are my main stay! I love fishing them!

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Frankly, unless that company is the only way I can get certain items, or has such good deals I can't pass them up, if they were to send me an email like that, I'd probably tell them not to let the door hit 'em on the backside as they left. Bidness is Bidness, spelling doesn't matter if they can tell what you want.

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I run some trotlines now and then. I have seen a cat caught on a yo yo, but also seen alot of them get pulled out, and wrapped around a tree where the fish gets off. I like to fish around timber, and they don't seem to work great in that situation. If I'm gonna take the time to run a bunch of individual hooks, I'd rather run limb lines. I use 350# braided rope and a big ol' hook for that.

15. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bud, there's a bait house of 59 North in Houston that still has yo yo's for sale. They've got about an inch of dust on them, though.

16. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I reckon they could legally sell them. But you sure can't use them anymore....

17. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Awshucks, You are prolly right:big_smile:

Gadzooks, i dont buy much from them any way, i like to buy my stuff local. I know what you mean though some people can tick me off:big_smile: