trot line

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by old newbie, May 27, 2009.

1. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hope that's spelled right. I haven't seen anything on here about trot lines and haven't used one in over 30 yrs, does any one use them anymore.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Bruce welcome to the BOC its a great site ,wonderful info an people.

as for your question yes they r still used ,check out alternate methods on home page ,also check out the library for more info on trotlines,,hope this helps

WELCOME ABOARD BRUCE

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah... lol go to South Carolina, they're there... and limb lines left all over the trees- like spider webs in a haunted house. Dumptruck told ya right, go to the alternative section in this forum for that stuff.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i use one every once in a while to scout new areas. also use it to gather cats for a fry. i dont find it all that much fun though. rod n reels are my favorite way to fish by far.

5. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with scum I use a trotline if I wanna eat I use rod and reel for sport:big_smile:

6. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I agree, its much more fun catching them on rod and reel. There have been times when we couldnt catch them on rod and reel but caught them on the trot line while fishing in the same area. I do enjoy setting them up and going make to check the line whit all that bait to see what you got. It is a lot of work setting one and takes a tremendous amount of bait as well.