Trot line question!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by trfoster, Jul 16, 2006.

1. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Im sure this question has been ask before,but here it goes,What is the biggest flat head, channel cat, blue cat ever caught on a trot line been? just wondering:smile2:

2. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    the biggest we've ever caught down here on the Alabama river was an 89lb blue down at Miller's ferry back in 1999. We were running jugs in a little sluough up above the dam. we weighed him adn truned him back in the river. Man that was a fight to get him in the boat though.

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    biggest blue I know of came off the Mississippi in 2001 on a trot line that weighed 127 lbs.

biggest flathead had to be the 139 lb caught by Bruce & Mackey Sayre in 1982 on a throw line on the Arkansas river below the Murry dam almost in down town Little Rock. It was weighed and all but in 1982 the Arkansas Game and Fish Com. didn't keep records for unrestricted tackle like trotlines, throw lines and such, they do now,so it was never certified as a record.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    127 lb trotline.... WOW....:lol:

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just think, it is very unlikely that the top ten fish ever caught were ever weighed or caused comment.:smile2:

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    The biggest I ever caught was around 35 lbs. and it had my trotline twisted, tangled and wrapped all around it. I released the fish and had to cut out a good section of my tangled line.

I've been trotlining on and off for many years and I caught this fish and another about the same size about a month ago on weenies. The biggest I ever caught before that was around 10-15 lbs.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    This is from the IFGA site....

Catfish, blue 111-0 Wheeler's Reservoir, TN July 5,1996 William McKinley
    Catfish, channel 58-0 Santee-Cooper Res., SC July 7,1964 W.B. Whaley
    Catfish, flathead 91-4 Lake Lewisville, TX Mar. 28, 1982 Mike Rogers

Of course we know the blue record was broken within the year...like 123 lbs.

I believe these are for rod and reel fishing....trotlines, throwlines, etc are non-restricted means and I could not find the data for them.

8. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    actual, factual info. Thanks awshucks for taking the time to research this for me. :smile2:

9. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No channel cat listed for some reason.

Flathead Catfish - 92 lbs. - Mississippi River - Commercial Gear - November 30, 2000 By Kenneth A. Childress, Jackie W. Stafford, Jerry L. Stafford

Blue Catfish - 130 lbs. - Ft. Loudoun Reservoir - Commercial Gear - December 18, 1976 By . G. Garland, Bill Norman, Richard Reagan

10. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Thanks to you also backwater for that factual info.:smile2: