trot line, jug line sinkers

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Boomer, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    As I was reading these posts, thought about the way we made throwline sinkers.

We would take and make up some cement, back then we used tin cans, and would fill them up with cement and take an old wire clothes hanger and cut it in pieces and make a u shape and put down in the cement for an eye. I think today I would use plastic coke bottles and use them.

They are cheap and easy to make, and work well.

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I think that would work very well. And be cheap to make.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The neat thing about using plastic water bottles is that if you leave about 1/4 inch from the cement to the top of the bottle, you can apply heat with a match, cigarette lighter, etc and seal the edges. Makes for a lot better sinker assembly.

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Might have to give that a try, looks like I am going to have to set out some lines next time I am home, if I want any catfish to eat.....when I come in I just dont have the time to spend a couple of days fishing, if they arent biting on the day I get to fish, I dont eat fish.

You been catching any fish lately? A buddy of mine told me they were tearing them up on Keystone. Last time we went, went to Texhoma, but didnt have any luck, that was back in Nov...