Tropical Storm

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Tarpon, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Tarpon

Tarpon New Member

How do ya'll think all this rain from the tripical storm we're gittin here will affect the fishing.

2. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    I just hope it affects the river level. It has been so low for so long now.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I am hoping it just brings the water up a few feet so it turns the catfish on. They seem like they havent been biting very well lately due to lower water levels.

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I wish I could send ya’ll some more as we got 5.89 inches of rain last night and it is stell raining here.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've had almost 9 inches since yesterday, according to my rain gauge, with more predicted and it's moving your way. The Cape Fear should start rising now. I'm itching to get out on the water and try them!

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Not sure how much we got here in newport but its been pooring for the last 5-6 hours straight. Now if only the storm would go by so I can get out on the water.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I am going to hit it tomorrow and see how muddy things are. It has been constant, but no flooding...yet. The other line out of Florida may cause some problems by Saturday. The Gore-Tex needs a good workout.

8. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I had a 24hr charter boat scheduled to go out on saturday night but it looks like I will be catfishing. Last time I went out in seas like this I didnt fish too much.

9. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    I was out on the Cape last night during the rain and had some good runs.Caught a 5 pound channel but if anythihng this rain will be the best hing that will happen to fishing right now...lol the fishing is always better after it rains.Its supposed to rain all weekend so i might wait till sunday to hit the river again even if it is raining just as long as it ant to darn high but i think she should be a great spot. good luck to everyone