Trophy cat law in the books

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by j.bridges, Jul 17, 2008.

1. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
  2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well that is great ! it covered what i was worried about that is a great law in affect . it will be a big boost to the sport of trophy catfishing

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I just wish Kentucky would jump on this band wagon with them!!!!
    That is great news for the Alabama catfishermen for sure!!! I know that this law has also helped in Tennessee and, has brought allot of new tourism dollars to their state since they implemented it.
    Keep on your toes though, there will be opposition to this law every year just like in Tennessee!!!

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    This is great news for Alabama!! Thanks for all of you who helped make it happen!!!!
    This sounds great to me..."Catfish............................................................................................................................................................
    (It is illegal to possess more than one (1) catfish over 34 inches in total length taken from Alabama public waters. No blue or flathead catfish over 34 inches in total length may be transported live beyond the boundaries of this State unless permitted in writing by the Commissioner of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.)"

5. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    let's get it done. Now is the time to take advantage of the momentum of the other states.

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Some dedicated folks in GA are trying. Hopefully they will be successful. We definitely need some kind of help to improve our catfishing.

7. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sweet. Glad to see it was passed and the exception to tournament since I fish a few a year in Alabama.

Now if we can get them to revert back to the old license system. I hate the new one!!!

Thanks for the post!

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    We are trying to get it passed in Georgia.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am not sure how to take what you said, did you mean it in a + comment or a - comment? As for tourments every will be on the same wave link two to a boat an it does not matter who catches them, It just like bass fishing you have to cull

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    This is good news, I hope the other states follow suit.