Trolling motors

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by crazfish, Mar 9, 2007.

1. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    HI, I AM NEW AT THIS WRITING STUFF BUT WAS WONDERING, IS A TROLLING MOTOR HANDY WHEN FISHING FOR CATFISH? I HAVE A NEW 14 FOOT JONBOAT AND PUT A LOW PROFILE CASTING DECK AND HAVE FISH/DEPTH FINDER AND COUPLE NEW SEATS, 9 HORSE SEA KING( 1964 WITH LESS THEN 150 HRS ON MOTOR) ? ANYWAYS, JUST CURIOUS BECAUSE I AM PICKING ONE UP SOON, 30LB THRUST, NEW, IN A COUPLE WEEKS AND FIGURED IT IS SAFER AT TIMES WHEN FISHING TO USE IT TO MANUEVER TOWARDS YOUR CATCH, ETC. ANY FEEDBACKS? NAY

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    It can also be used to place your bait in a likely place, then quietly back away.

3. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks, didn't think of that. which I can see is true. all fish are sensetive to vibes and all.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Crazfish, Welcome to the B.O.C. Enjoy your stay here.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :0a18: Nay welcome to the BOC. Yes the trolling motor is another important part of your fishing equipment. It will become a very useful tool for you. You might want to consider a larger pound trust than 30#. According to your budget and total weight and capacity of your boat you might want to look at a 40-50# trust. I hope this helps.:big_smile:

6. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I always bring my trolling motor for backup just in case my boat engine doesn't start. It also comes in handy when fishing with jugs on still water in small areas.

7. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU BOC FANS. YES I UNDERSTAND ABOUT PREFERRING A LARGER TROLLING MOTOR BUT MONEY IS TIGHT AND THIS IS BETTER THEN NOTHING.GOT TROLLING MOTOR ON SALE AND HAVE BEEN USING A PADDLE BEFORE JUST TO MOVE AROUND QUIETLY BEFORE AND AM SURE SCARED A FEW AWAY. HOPE FOR SOME IMPROVEMENT. HAVE NOT FISHED IN A WHILE BUT SURE AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. BEEN BUSY GETTING MY TRUCK FIXED AND LIFE IN GENERAL.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    your troling motor can be a useful tool just rember to only use as much thrust as needed.wid open a troling motor gives off a lot of vibes.this to can scare fish.welcome to the boc and enjoy.johnnie

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    :0a25: WElcome to the BOC Bro:0a25: